Some New Good News From Spain!!

all color mobile phones are BLU and when i took my phone to spain a couple of moths ago it was awful, the white looked a nasty shade of brown and you could hardly see any thing. how is this going to appeal to the spanish public?, especially when they can have the PSP, Gametrac or Nintendo DS in less than a year.

watzza_uppa, depends the kind of mobile, i see many blu moviles that looks perfect with the shine here, in spain.
yes,here we have many light a big time a year (like today) but im not sure that inconvenient would decrease the sells.
ah! official news!! 20k units will be distributed (20.000), the official colours are definetly white and black,of course BLU version,and it will be selled in all the official market, such as bigs shops,au*chan,videogames sellers and to*y 's rus.
this isnt publicity,only info for the people.
and of course, the virginplay online shops accept international buyers =)
another info that i said before its that come with a little smc (64 mgs), best firmware and new divx player,and another unkwon feautures...
but a "bird" (someone siad me a secret) speaks about a great game could come with the launch..a game that supposed many people colud be :blink: .... but i dont says nothing.... lalaalala ;)

what is this game ?
divx player free ? then to buy gpcinema is so dumb now isn't it ?

if this game is asto, it's great !!!
else... it's too sad :(

I'm betting the price of the euro units will be slightly higher with these pack ins, thought probably not enough to price it out of the market if they;re careful. I mean a 64mb card, and new firmware (which will probably be downloadable of the main site) would hardly cost anything, the other utlities will probably be a new MP3 player and picture viewer I'm betting, and a new movie player alltogether would barely raise the price 15 or 20 dollars (or european equivolant) more (and as this is a domestic release for the system it will probably see a comparative price drop from the original import version anyway!)

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Why is it harder to see on the screen when the Backlight is off, compared to a flu screen that is off?
Because BLUs are different from FLUs in that the screen is not reflective. Turn off the light on a BLU and you see a black rectangle.

This is what happens with the Atari Lynx; it had a button to turn off the backlight for conserving battery power when you weren't using the unit. When the backlight was turned off, the screen became black.

Simple. FLUs are superior to BLUs. :huh:

I got a reply from Virginplay today :)

Hi Patrik.

The console it's supposed to be a new BLU version (Backlit Unit), with a better screen, and we won't sell it without light.
By the time i write these lines, it's not confirmed if there are some kind of "surprises" with the european launch (i'm just the tech guy). We'll have to wait a couple of weeks...
The price will be something like 200 euros. It's not confirmed, it may be lower or higher.
I hope i've helped you.

Back