Some thoughts about the board

Is there an area at the boards where people make appointments and meet up for that?
Yes. The channel #hase in the freenode. You can even continue chatting in the game lobby and of course ingame. Afterwards you can see replays (but without the chats).
Why not do a little compo - I could easily throw in a few small prizes like vouchers for the shop, etc.
Oh, I would have love such a competition. But without interest from the board?
It is much better for me to make plans to play games than try to do it when I have free time.  I tend to actually play games if I have set it up with someone else ahead of time.  If I don't I just tell myself things like "over the next few days I am going to play Perfect Dark on my N64, and a bunch of the Pandora stuff I haven't spent much time with".  What actually happened is I played a couple games of Hase and some Mario Kart since someone wanted to play with me.  That was one day.  I never went back to Hase or played any of the others.  Instead I repotted some plants, cleaned up some things, and tried to kill off some invasive plants that were harming the native ones growing around my house.  I think my point was "lets set a time to play".

I would be all for a competition.  I doubt I would do very well.  In the off chance that I am better than I think it would be cool to win something.  Even if it is a competition, for me it would be more so that I have an excuse to play with other people.

I've been bogged down in work, classes and other RL garbage. I've been having a hard time doing things I like with the Pandora lately, including testing new PNDs and such. 
I am glad I am not alone.  If only real life would stop getting in the way of having fun.

Still I have many halted projects I didn't finished, and are there in the SD waiting... but yeah, no one asked me to hurry so I'll take my time :D
Please hurry! :p

Ziz, I liked very much Snowman, but it's too damn difficult for me, I tried so many time to play, it's charming and well animated, but at some point I resigned...
Same here.  I still play it from time to time but I never get any better.  I was thinking that maybe I suck at video games now, but the person I was playing Mario Kart with is a kid that spends more time playing games per week than I do sleeping, and I wasn't doing too bad (although we both kept losing online, even if we were in first for most of a race).

one of the greatest Idea to promote less visible games is c4all and the monthly compo. It makes us discover an enjoy some nice gem. well when we have the occasion to play...

devlopment compo is also a nice idea to get visibility I'd say... and probably a nice motivating factor

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past I thought the Pandora community was full of Linux enthusiasts. Now I think it is full of people, who uses Linux, because it is there and not so hard as they thought. But if they could, they would change to windows without batting an eyelid.
I have to stop and say that for me, you're wrong.
But I think maybe you're right for the community. Sad.

Also, I think I've effectively done what Ziz did now, so Hi and Bye again :p

(I'm around elsewhere, but not on the boards that much anymore.)

In the past I thought the Pandora community was full of Linux enthusiasts. Now I think it is full of people, who uses Linux, because it is there and not so hard as they thought. But if they could, they would change to windows without batting an eyelid.
I have to stop and say that for me, you're wrong.

But I think maybe you're right for the community. Sad.
He's wrong for me too.  I'm not so much a linux fan, but I've never paid for a copy of Windows, and never run one on any computer I own.  Having landed on Linux about five years ago, I was impressed how exposed parts of the system are via /dev, /proc and /sys, and how well it ran on various computers I tried it on.  You'd have a hard time persuading me to switch to another OS from here, and especially not to Windows.

I wonder if I'd been able to get OpenBSD to run on that 486 I'd tried it on all those years ago, I'd now be a BSD fan.

Thanks for expressing your feelings and writing this post, Ziz.

I feel similarly, I want to go into detail, but I lack the time at the moment. Someone remind me in a week...

I wonder if I'd been able to get OpenBSD to run on that 486 I'd tried it on all those years ago, I'd now be a BSD fan.
To keep things simple start out with PC-BSD.  I am a fan of several OSs, and none are made by Microsoft, but several are free or open source.

I'm fine on those boards.

People come, people go. As excitement does.

I check at least twice a day, but post far less than before.

Lots of interesting stuff, like the recent http://www.raphnet-tech.com/ link I never heard about before.

IMHO, the whole video game industry, whether it'd be software or hardware related is in a bit of a lull.

Nothing new interests me. Apple and Google have ruined everything!!

People ruin everything because they accept.

Back