SONY PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
753px-PSP_Logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually looks really good, just a little perplexed as to why, with the Vita not that far off.

Unless it is one last hurrah for UMDs?

Well PS2 is still not dead yet and how many versions/iterations (2, I think?) and variations (5, I think?) did that go through?

Also, to the all the SONY fanboys who were laughing at Nintendo having made 4 different versions/types of Nintendo DS are now the ones being laughed at, because SONY PSP are now on NUMBER 5. :p

SONY PSP (1000 model)

SONY PSP (2000 model)

SONY PSP (3000 model)

SONY PSPgo! (retarded model)

SONY PSP (E-1000 model)

Successor = SONY PS Vita

Nintendo DS (phat and ugly, lol)

Nintendo DS lite

Nintendo DSi

Nintendo DSi XL

Successor = Nintendo 3DS

OOOh a cheap second psp, to save the hammering my psp1000, and my second homebrew running psp1000 get, shame about the lack of wifi though, and still running umd's I wonder why? sony could've made this thing a lot cheaper, lighter and longer running without one, I know theres the psp go but thats just a pile of big boys pants, and ones that have been worn for more than a day at that!, come on fess up you filthy beasts.. :(

I wonder if it'll go on sale before or after I get my *cough* GERMAN Pandora?

and still running umd's I wonder why? sony could've made this thing a lot cheaper, lighter and longer running without one.
People want a HUGE choice of psp games/psp library. Without an option for UMDs then your choice of games are limited to a couple of hundred games (or less?), as opposed to <<< OVER 670 >>> UMD games.

e.g. You can't play Kingdom Hearts: BBS on PSPgo!

P.S. PSP E-1000...I want!!! :D

user_20768_SZCGBJKK.jpg

People should stop dissing the psp put cfw on it and you have the best multi console emulator in your hand yes emu support has dried up but this system has more emus and homebrew availabe than any other handheld hopefully the pandora will eventually as well.

People should stop dissing the psp put cfw on it and you have the best multi console emulator in your hand yes emu support has dried up but this system has more emus and homebrew availabe than any other handheld.
  • It's LCD screen overall quality is rubbish in today's standards (was awesome tech in Decemeber 2004 though)
  • N64 emu isn't that good (Daedalus, I think?)

yeah but that's what memory sticks are for, sony really should have launched games on these by now, my Pandora'd (battery) psp runs everything from the memory stick, well adaptor and micro sd cards anyway, could've been a cheap option for sony, I know they love their drm but even they have to admit it's not worked as far as the psp went.

and a little bit of web research found this article in "the reg":-

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/17/sony_to_launch_budget_psp/

so November then, I guess if I get one I'll deffo have it before my pandora, (wifey's laughing at me as I type this, saying there's no IF, I'll be getting one)

The PSP would be a nice device if it had decent controls.

Thats the one thing Sony never gets right.

Does anyone else think that the menu bar (with the psp logo) at the bottom kinda out of place being raised. The same gloss finish but flat to the face plate would have looked nicer on the eye.

Does anyone else think that the menu bar (with the psp logo) at the bottom kinda out of place being raised. The same gloss finish but flat to the face plate would have looked nicer on the eye.

Indeed. It looks somewhat weird!

Overall, though, in the face of the utterly awful, irresponsible, stupid, reactionary and poorly conceived, seething cesspit of fetid turd that was the PSP Go, this is actually a pretty good move by Sony.

Nobody can deny that the PSP has a pretty good library of software still, and positioning a new PSP at a low-end price in time for Christmas is a really good move, particularly in view of the relatively slow starting 3DS... the novelty of which isn't really a great selling factor.

I still want a red 3DS though, I've been eyeing them up constantly... I'm dying to play Ocarina of Time again without horsing about in an emulator.

I think DickSmith Electronics stuffed up the overview?

Paz4d.png

I've just pre-ordered mine in preparation for the 03/11/2011 release.

Only 5 days to go...

Anyway, here's the better overview + Q&A.

Overview

PSP-E1000 puts amazing portable entertainment in your hands without busting your wallet. Enjoy the fantastic variety of perfect pocket money priced games with PSP Essentials. Fun has no limits, so why should you?

Key Features

Discover an amazing adventure

Combine real and virtual environments on-screen with augmented reality games such as EyePet and Invizimals.

More than games

Save and enjoy your favourite music and most cherished photos.

Top Games for Less

Must-have games at the perfect price – PSP Essentials offers a great variety of titles that are high on value.

What is PSP-E1000?

Available in sleek Charcoal Black with a matt finish, PSP-E1000 is a new addition to the PSP range and is available across PAL territories from November 2011

What are the main differences between PSP-E1000 and PSP-3000?

PSP-E1000 is a touch bigger and heavier than PSP-3000, plays all PSP games and does not include any Wi-Fi features. As with PSP-3000, it can be connected to a PC via a USB cable, giving you access to heaps of great new content on PlayStation Store via Media Go.

It is compatible with the majority of existing PSP peripherals, including the PSP camera which, thanks to the in-built microphone, means you can enjoy fun titles such as Invizimals and EyePet on the go.

How do I download games from PlayStation Store?

You can download new games, including PSP Essentials and minis titles, as well as additional game content, using Media Go on your PC. This is a free PC download available from www.sony.com/mediago.

You can then connect your PC to PSP-E1000 using a USB cable to transfer content across.

You will need a PSN account to download content from PlayStation Store. If you do not have a PSN account already, you will need to create one by using either a Wi-Fi enabled PSP or a PS3 system. You can find further details on how to create a PSN account at au.playstation.com/psn/support.

How can I transfer previously downloaded content and game saves to another PSP system?

You can transfer game saves and content that you previously downloaded to a different PSP using Memory Stick Duo.

What games can I play on PSP-E1000?

You can play all existing PSP games only in single player mode on PSP-E1000.

What non-game features does PSP-E1000 have?

You can enjoy music, photo and video content stored on Memory Stick Duo on PSP-E1000, as well as downloading new films from the Video Store of PlayStation Store and comics from the Digital Comics service.

What will be included in the box for PSP-E1000?

The standard box for PSP-E1000 includes the PSP-E1000 system itself along with an AC Adaptor and Power Cord.

Which PSP peripherals can I use with PSP-E1000?

You can use the following PSP peripherals with PSP-E1000: AC Adaptor (Model Numbers: PSP-100, PSP-380), Car Adaptor (PSP-180), microphone (PSP-240), headset (PSP-270), GPS receiver (PSP-290), Camera (PSP-300), black camera (PSP-450).

How do I update system software on PSP-E1000?

You can update system software on PSP-E1000 using Memory Stick Duo. Find out how at au.playstation.com/psp.

Back