SORR config

Well, that I can't tell, but I think here is some confusion going on.

Would be nice, if pmprog could clarify, what he means by fullscreen.

Sorry, I'm in work at the minute... When I get out, I'll double check exactly what I have (and take a photo).

I know it definately doens't have the X Windows border.

How can there be any confusion, because it either can or can't do fullscreen (no borders)???

I'm assuming that the term "fullscreen" in this case is used to mean not in a window, not necessarily scaled to 840. I've not played much of SORR, but I thought my version runs fullscreen(non windowed!!), but definitely at 640x480.

Can't say I'v noticed issues with speedup and slowdown, then again I've not really played it all that much so far...

OK..

By fullscreen i mean NOT in a window (which i know, you can do) & WITHOUT borders ie: stretched/scaled to the Pandoras full 800 x 480 (which i would like to do) screen size or however you wish to describe it, wasn't my intention to be deliberately obtuse, i thought it was pretty obvious what i meant..

Anyway hope that clears it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK..

By fullscreen i mean NOT in a window (which i know, you can do) & WITHOUT borders ie: stretched/scaled to the Pandoras full 800 x 480 (which i would like to do) screen size or however you wish to describe it, wasn't my intention to be deliberately obtuse, i thought it was pretty obvious what i meant..

Double checked, no, I get black borders and retains the aspect ratio. Though to be fair, I can't understand why you would want to lose the aspect ratio. It'd make the game look odd.

To me Fullscreen means no UI frills.

OK..

Double checked, no, I get black borders and retains the aspect ratio. Though to be fair, I can't understand why you would want to lose the aspect ratio. It'd make the game look odd.

To me Fullscreen means no UI frills.

OK..

Thanks, to be quite honest i suspected as much, as far as having the correct aspect ratio goes it's never really concerned me greatly (i know i'm in the minority here) more so when on a portable device when screen real estate is vitally important especially for people (like myself) whose vision has seen better days.

Ironic that the Pandoras aspect is widescreen, yet a significant proportion of the ported software doesn't include an option to support this, a shame that most emulator/software porters don't appear to consider this.. ahem aspect.

Ironic that the Pandoras aspect is widescreen, yet a significant proportion of the ported software doesn't include an option to support this, a shame that most emulator/software porters don't appear to consider this.. ahem aspect.

But it doesn't make sense to add widescreen support. The SNES/MegaDrive/C64/Amiga/Name 80s machine here did not support widescreen, because widescreen didn't exist back then. A lot of games were designed around 4:3 because most TVs/monitors were (and probably still are) 4:3.

Yes, also it is not easy to adapt to this widescreen resolution, when all the artwork is produced for 4:3

But it doesn't make sense to add widescreen support. The SNES/MegaDrive/C64/Amiga/Name 80s machine here did not support widescreen, because widescreen didn't exist back then. A lot of games were designed around 4:3 because most TVs/monitors were (and probably still are) 4:3.

Yes, also it is not easy to adapt to this widescreen resolution, when all the artwork is produced for 4:3

I do understand this (i was playing these consoles the first time around) but i don't agree that it doesn't make sense to include at least an option to scale/stretch (the word is a clue ie: not mandatory) for people who either aren't overly concerned with the correct aspect ratio (there are some!) or could benefit from the extra screen real estate.

Lots of other mobile devices with a widescreen aspect run emulators that support stretching/scaling (PSP is a good example) plus many modern phones (my HTC DesireZ etc) as do many PC emulators.. why can't the Pandora emulators offer similar options.. at least let people decide for themselves.

Back