Sqdef 1.3

Alex.

Retired
Sqdef is a tower defense game for the GP2X. Visit the Sqdef microsite for more info. Sqdef is compatible with GP2X F-100 and F-200 models.

Download Sqdef 1.3 from archive.gp2x.de

sqdef3.png
sqdef-00010.png

What's new in 1.3?
-> A new tower, the Scythe - so powerful you can only build one
-> A new factory, the Trapper - slows targeted enemy by 25%, has no effect on bosses
-> No more Dual Armory: now you upgrade the regular Armory in order to double its range
-> An icon that shows whether fast-forward is on
-> Cosmetic improvements all-around
-> A badge replaces medals on maps where you beat 60 waves
-> Some new coloured creatures, more wave variety
-> Editor does not allow maps with more than 20 possible paths
-> Compatible with 1.2(A) hiscores and maps; old saved games will be automatically cleared

If you enjoy playing Sqdef, please consider making a PayPal donation to support its development! There's a PayPal button on my site. Any amount is appreciated, and in return I will add your name to the game’s credits. :) Thanks to all who donated so far!

I had very little time to play with the new buildings and see how they impact the game. Please post any game balance suggestions you have! (and glitches if you spot any)

Last edited by a moderator:
whiskthecat said:
Awesome. I think it is safe to say that this is the best homebrew game on the gp2x. :D
I second that! I just love the game! :wub:
But still no switching back to the old graphic style (the blu-ish one)? :)

Amazing. I have to donate. I just have too. I love this game so much I just have to have to have too!!!

DSR

That's what you get when you build four towers next to each other. You need a few of them to get through the later levels...

Looks like it's going to be interesting with enemies moving at different speeds!

omg! Yes... another update. Nice! BTW. I got 15 euros on my paypal account that I need to get rid of. I think I will donate a few bucks to decent projects.

Alex. said:
What's new in 1.3?
-> A new tower, the Scythe - so powerful you can only build one
-> A new factory, the Trapper - slows targeted enemy by 25%, has no effect on bosses
-> No more Dual Armory: now you upgrade the regular Armory in order to double its range
-> An icon that shows whether fast-forward is on
-> Cosmetic improvements all-around
-> A badge replaces medals on maps where you beat 60 waves
-> Some new coloured creatures, more wave variety
-> Editor does not allow maps with more than 20 possible paths
-> Compatible with 1.2(A) hiscores and maps; old saved games will be automatically cleared

I had very little time to play with the new buildings and see how they impact the game. Please post any game balance suggestions you have! (and glitches if you spot any)
Now, that I've finished "SonicCD" I think I can spend some time with SQDef again. ^^ The new features sound very interesting. New Tower, Slowing Towers, upgrade for Armory, nice, nice, nice. :)

whiskthecat said:
Awesome. I think it is safe to say that this is the best homebrew game on the gp2x. :D
And it has less than 1MB. ^^

Nice development, Alex. Much appreciated...

Regards,
Stephan

One other suggestion: dont make people select what amount of waves they want to play, just let them play, and if they make 10 waves award them the bronze medal, but let them keep playing towards the silver, so they dont have to do the first 10 waves again

Thank you very much everyone for all your nice comments! :)

I like your idea Zacaj, I'll get rid of the wave selection in the next update, and only keep the 60-wave mode as a separate task.

zacaj said:
One other suggestion: dont make people select what amount of waves they want to play, just let them play, and if they make 10 waves award them the bronze medal, but let them keep playing towards the silver, so they dont have to do the first 10 waves again
Good Idea. :)
I have different starting tactics for each wave mode but "one fits all" is no problem. "On the fly medals" sounds nice and saves time. :)

Yeah that's a pretty good idea! This project has come along really well. I remember beta-testing this for the compo :D

ps: donated!

Back