Sqdef 1.4

You're not the only one - I can run all the levels except the new ones. I figured it was something to do with the . files, but I think I made the mistake of deleting them from Finder - it probably created new ones...

I'm going to give it another go now.

BTW - I love this game - I've played far more hours on the GP2X on this than anything else, but is there any chance of having the old colour scheme back? I preferred it with the paths were darker than the 'land' - it doesn't feel right to have it the other way round...

rokdcasbah said:
Macs like to throw "._whatever" files in every directory. I deleted the ones in "Maps/Sqdef Classic" and now I can select that level set.
I thought I fixed this problem in 1.4, but looks like it got past me. I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight, thanks for letting me know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, well then I'm sorry I missed the previous discussion on it. I was actually searching a bit but couldn't find anything. "._" is a tough one to find.

It's sort of lame that you can't shut the resource fork file creation off for specific volumes. You can shut it off for network transfers, though. There is commercial software called Blue Harvest that will do it but I'd rather just use the terminal for the few occasions where it matters.

FWIW, I'm happy with the new color scheme. I liked the original and then the dark green one I liked a lot less. If you do ever change them I hope you'd leave the current set in somewhere.

Alright, thanks to rokdcasbah's awesome help the problem is now fixed: (download). I will do a proper release after I'll finish the online manual, which should turn out pretty nice. :)

rokdcasbah said:
I do notice a little hissing in the background after the splash screen (which I super sneakily signed in the bottom left corner, feel free to remove that if it's in your way ;) ), but maybe it's just SDL. It doesn't change after a sound is played or anything like that.
Yes, the problem was that certain samples amplified that hiss and it didn't go away until other samples played over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back