Squidge Is Going To Work On Pce For The Gp32 Again

Since it's a from scratch emulator, I think it's best to call it something else, just in case gpengine does ever get updated. Also, it may confuse people calling it the same name as an already existing emulator.

Once I have something decent working on the gp32, and a version is available for the public, then I'll create a thread with a link to the version.

Still a lot to be done at the moment, sprites are going in next :)

cool deal... well will you keep us updated as to the progress of the emulator leading up to the intial beta release? can't speak for anyone but myself here but... I'm personally very excited about work on another PCE emu and would love to hear updates now and again.

I must admit i'm totally sick and tired of a lot of bitching i read on many forums here. People moan because a certain game doesnt work properly or a sound in another game isnt perfect.

Yeah it would be sad if people stopped developing for the GP32 but if they did i still have 10 or so great emulators giving me access to about 8000 games to try and play.

Someones moaning why doesnt Outrun work on our version of MAME, who cares for now, we still have 700 other games to try.

Yes some games might not be emulated 100% but so what ? The PC Engine emulator i use is currently great and i dont seem to have any problems with it, the news that there will be a newer one is great however. But maybe i'm just not that picky compared to some people but if a certain sound is off, or a graphic doesnt always appear properly i'm not that fussed as often the emulator i'm using is totally free so i dont think i can moan as much.

I use fzx32 from Rlyeh TONS, the sounds totally crackley, found a few games which dont work but overall its brilliant and i've been playing that non stop. I dont get why some people seem to work 100% perfect emulators all the time, most of the emulators i use have small gripes here and there but when theyre free i cant moan that much. R-Type to me works fine on the current PC Engine emulator, if it works better on this new one then thats a bonus.

No moaning here... GP Engine is a great emu, it was the thing that finally pushed me to buy a GP, and didn't dissapoint. Only problem it had for me is no saving. Not just save STATES... which I do like and I don't care what that makes any of you think of me or my game playing skills, but mostly because two of my favorite PCE games, Neutopia 1 and 2, and unplayable w/o SRAM saves or some kind of saving. And they are fantastic games. Well no... mostly it's because my gaming skills aren't what they used to be and a lot of these older games are HARD and I really need save states :D :p

psj3809 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:03 AM said:
Someones moaning why doesnt Outrun work on our version of MAME, who cares for now, we still have 700 other games to try.

I wasn't moaning, only asking if Mame GP32 would be able to run Outrun. It's no big deal if it can't as I can already play Outrun on MD or SMS.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
psj3809 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 09:03 AM said:
I must admit i'm totally sick and tired of a lot of bitching i read on many forums here. People moan because a certain game doesnt work properly or a sound in another game isnt perfect.

....Yes some games might not be emulated 100% but so what ? The PC Engine emulator i use is currently great and i dont seem to have any problems with it, the news that there will be a newer one is great however. But maybe i'm just not that picky compared to some people but if a certain sound is off, or a graphic doesnt always appear properly i'm not that fussed as often the emulator i'm using is totally free so i dont think i can moan as much.

I wasn't moaning, someone asked what was wrong with GPengine, and why would a new emu be worth doing. So I mentioned the problems that could be improved if a new emu was made, that is all.

Squidge posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:20 AM said:
Since it's a from scratch emulator, I think it's best to call it something else, just in case gpengine does ever get updated. Also, it may confuse people calling it the same name as an already existing emulator.

Once I have something decent working on the gp32, and a version is available for the public, then I'll create a thread with a link to the version.

Still a lot to be done at the moment, sprites are going in next :)

TurboGPraghs?

heheh but you gotta admit a couple of those names were pretty good.....

TurboPark.... LOL Trooper :D

not that it matters what it's named in the end, but I have to admit I did really like GPCE32 or better just GPCE... short and to the point. Then again I have always liked humorous creative names as well like Nester or Phandy... play-on-words kinda things.

well whatever... who cares I just want to play the games (with saves)!

GA01 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 08:22 PM said:
TurboGPx

in that case, just TurboGP (?)
the japanse handheld's name was TurboGT :)

GA01 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 04:41 PM said:
psj3809 posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:03 AM said:

I wasn't moaning, only asking if Mame GP32 would be able to run Outrun. It's no big deal if it can't as I can already play Outrun on MD or SMS.

You'll be asking why Street Fighter doesnt work on it next !

psj3809 posted on Apr 14 2005 at 09:29 AM said:
You'll be asking why Street Fighter doesnt work on it next !

I doubt it as I can't stand those fighter type games. I'm more of a shoot-em-up kind of guy ;)

Hey,

R-Type now works :) Going to play it for a bit, then next step may be to try and add sound, then probably make a few other games work before optimizing.

Hey,

R-Type now works smile.gif Going to play it for a bit, then next step may be to try and add sound, then probably make a few other games work before optimizing.

cool. impressive progress!
at which speed atm?

Back