Steam Linux expands

It's been teasing me for weeks in my Linux Steam library, but couldn't install.. but now Borderlands 2 on native Linux has just became available to download for realsies..

Last edited by a moderator:
After the huge download I got to play the Borderlands 2 Linux port before going to bed, Have to say it's very well done. The port even plays great on my 6 year old Desktop with a 4 year old ATI(AMD) video card which has issues with some less than ideally ported games. 

Load times and performance may actually be better than Windows on this same machine, but that isn't too surprising.

Noticed Bioshock Infinite on my Linux steam list.. Another Franchise under the Linux belt it seems.

Infinite will probably use a wrapper, though.
It's not a wrapper, another port done by Aspyr.
LOL man what are you talking about ?

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/bioshock-infinite-looks-set-for-a-linux-release-confirmed.4668

While Aspyr is working on a multitude of Linux titles right now, BioShock Infinite is not one of them. That said, this is exciting news and we are looking forward to a great title coming to a great platform.

Why a few more hours? it's not scheduled until early 2015. You can only download the data for now, the executable is not available.
Seriously? That's much disappoint. :( I had to go out today and only just got back and now I'm really sad. What is even the point?Guess I'll have to wait like a chump :(

Infinite will probably use a wrapper, though.
It's not a wrapper, another port done by Aspyr.
 LOL man what are you talking about ?

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/bioshock-infinite-looks-set-for-a-linux-release-confirmed.4668

While Aspyr is working on a multitude of Linux titles right now, BioShock Infinite is not one of them. That said, this is exciting news and we are looking forward to a great title coming to a great platform.
Still doesn't mean it's a wrapper. Figured since Aspyr did the Mac version and it was a 2K game that would be the case.

Still doesn't mean it's a wrapper. Figured since Aspyr did the Mac version and it was a 2K game that would be the case.
There are ample reasons why we think it's a wrapper, eON has been quite active around Infinite and so far Feral did not say they were doing it either, so it's either a wrapper or in-house, and in-house is extremely unlikely to say the least. 

Why a few more hours? it's not scheduled until early 2015. You can only download the data for now, the executable is not available.
Seriously? That's much disappoint. :( I had to go out today and only just got back and now I'm really sad. What is even the point?
Guess I'll have to wait like a chump :(
I never said it was released now :p

There are ample reasons why we think it's a wrapper, eON has been quite active around Infinite and so far Feral did not say they were doing it either, so it's either a wrapper or in-house, and in-house is extremely unlikely to say the least.
Well there was ample reasons for thinking it was Aspyr seeing how they did the Mac version, but apparently I'm wrong about that.

Well there was ample reasons for thinking it was Aspyr seeing how they did the Mac version, but apparently I'm wrong about that.
Yeah  I know what you mean, I was just surprised you assumed this was true since Aspyr made it officially clear they are not doing it about a week ago. I guess you were not following the most recent news. 

Anyway, it's not Aspyr and not Feral, so I don't think we will get great performance out of this. Kinda disappointing. 

^ I rarely inquire about gaming news outside of this site and Bluesnews out of a 18 year habit of visiting that site. I don't even reddit.. Just better things to do.

^ I rarely inquire about gaming news outside of this site and Bluesnews out of a 18 year habit of visiting that site. I don't even reddit.. Just better things to do.
Wow, still visiting BluesNews? I did not know it was still active. I used to go there like... 15 years ago or so. How is it these days ? 

Wow, still visiting BluesNews? I did not know it was still active. I used to go there like... 15 years ago or so. How is it these days ? 
Still updated 2 to 3 times a day, It's kind of a nice summation of what's going on in gaming, more of a high level overview than anything. Their webdesign, hasn't changed much, just a bunch of links which for me is much of the charm. 

Back