Release StepMania

The fix did more than the texture load. It fixes also the USB dance mat. :) (Future Max

After a first playtests i must say the Pandora screen is a bit small, compared to my desktop monitor.

Thanks

Hi,while making a Video for Presentationing this Project found i a big Bug.

Playing Music with Videos work not.I downloaded a few japanese Music with Videos for Stepmania but i have only irritating Stipes in Backround while playing these.

The Video was for Ekanjo,for Pandoralive and he wrote me about this Bug.

I was so concentrated while playing and recording that i did not realy rekognized that,but i was wondering how good i was in one Music and so realy bad in another Music with Video :D

This Evening will i upload the Video with Bug to youtube and make a completly new for Ekanjo ;)

Have anyone good sources where i can get music packs wothout only japanese music? :)

I know about the background video issue. It's "will not fix" for now. The source textures generated are weird, and have a pretty big performance hit. Just disable them until further notice ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really impressive of a release.  Thanks for doing this...I'm a big fan of rhythm games, and this approaches (but not quite meets) games like Project Diva, which I play quite a bit.

I'd be awesome if there's a way to get the background videos to work.  I have many songs that have the background videos, but I wasn't sure how to set it so it's enabled.  Given other's feedback, it sounds like background videos are a problem at the moment.  I hope it's not too hard to add this ability...it's a great game.

Quick question here - Not that I am that interested in it, but just wondering if this is feasible - 

Can you plug a mat on the USB Host and play Stepmania with it on Pandora (using TV-out) ? 

Quick question here - Not that I am that interested in it, but just wondering if this is feasible - 

Can you plug a mat on the USB Host and play Stepmania with it on Pandora (using TV-out) ? 
I need a usb hub as the mat supposedly only speaks usb 1.1, I have a small passive/active hub. So small thats not even visible on the image ;)

Without a tv out cable this is of course only for fun. But with one of those or an usb display adapter like such a thing https://www.amazon.de/Adapter-1920x1080-m%C3%B6glich-Grafikkarte-CM3-NW-001/dp/B002RIQK7K it should be useable.

pandora+mat.jpg

What i have read in the other sections they should work. Somewhere around 1.52 the needed drivers got added.

The display will work, but I don't think you'll get hardware-accelerated GL unless you either manually copy the framebuffer each frame or the adapter has its own OpenGL-capable graphics card.

Tried this yesterday night, I wasn't expecting it was working so well !! Thanks lunixbochs  ^_^

New version of StepMania coming soon (when I get a chance to package it up).

It's faster and a few graphical problems (transparency, key config menu, etc) are fixed.

I easily get 50+ fps ingame on my CC.

Any thoughts on what else I can do with the release (without making it too big)? Skin? Songpack? Some specific 3.9+ variant instead of stock 3.9?

It's faster and a few graphical problems (transparency, key config menu, etc) are fixed.
And I thought it was already perfect O_O

I also think it's better to not include packs, maybe put some link on this thread to download them if them are free

Back