Success : tv-out cable

This is an old guide that came out before the TinyBoBs made things easier.. but this shows how to make a Composite cable.. Although making an S-Video is just as easy, you just need to match the Y and C outs to the matching pins on the S-Video plug.

http://boards.openpa...440#entry142766
Thank you

Our old CRT Sony TV accepted S-video via scart so I'm going to try it on our current TV, unfortunately the shop I got the bits from to make my composite lead didn't have a Scart plug in stock so that may have to wait a bit.

Can't wait to get building this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to link my guide here, but TrashMG beat me to it. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Made up the lead as per the guide on http://dl.openhandhelds.org I'm getting stereo audio (L&R are correct checked with faders on Pandora.

But no video, I've checked composite & S-video and Pal / NTSC but nothing.

Any advice?

Ok it's working now but it turns out the connector on the Pandora is very sensitive, I have to hold the lead up to get video work (which is incredibly blocky) :(

Any way I can increase the output resolutions as it's showing 6## by ### rather than 800x480

Can anyone else confirm if the TV-Out is as blocky as it is on mine, admittedly we have a large(ish) TV but The Wii and my phone both of which I have tried via composite look nowhere near as pixelated as the Pandora.

I haven't tried it with Super Zaxxon. I'll try it when I get home.

Sorted, I updated to SuperZaxxon Beta 5 & the picture quality is a lot better.

As soon as I get my hands on a scart connector I'll try S-video via scart.

Good news on the 'official' cables front: Evil Dragon mentioned that he's "concentrating now TV cables" - he posted on 23rd May -

I'm going to get a Scart plug this weekend and make up my 2nd lead, can someone confirm which pins I need to wire to for S-Video.

OK finally got the parts to build a TV-out for Pandora that is S-Video via SCART, I checked and our TV accepts S-Video via SCART socket so there was no issue there.

The image is less than impressive, I wasn't expecting RGB quality but it's hard to tell any difference between s-video and composite.

I'll stick to using composite as it's easier to get the plugs in and out of the TV.

I had the opportunity to compare composite vs s-video on the OP, the s-video is far better.

Strange, I'll give it another go & see if changing any settings on the pandora help.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Was it via scart or direct through an s-video connector on the tv?

Our tv doesn't have an s-video connector so I have made up a scart lead with s-video.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back