Super-duper Pandora Promotion to give to curious friends

Very impressive. With some editing, this would be very, very handy.

About the format: while OpenOffice opened it just fine, I think it would be better if this could be turned into a Flash application. Not everyone's going to want to open a presentation to find out what the Pandora's capable of.

Thanks for the feedback. As I don't actually have Flash, this was my only option. I'm glad to see OOo opened it fine.

grr... Now I regret only installing AbiWord... Since I'm running gentoo it could take me several years to get openoffice and view this. :eek:

Thanks for the PDF format too. The first slide didn't work out too well (as the beginning text fades away).

PDF Format was excellent, thanks for that. All that's left for me to do is open it on a friend's computer at school when he steps out to use the bathroom.

(off-topic)

Michael said:
grr... Now I regret only installing AbiWord... Since I'm running gentoo it could take me several years to get openoffice and view this. :eek:
emerge openoffice-bin? No need to compile your OO from scratch if your machine isn't very powerful.

Wow, that was a very good presentation.

The screen resolution sized image was a nice touch, I never realised just how sharp the pandora's screen is going to be!

Dan

nice! although you couldn't boot up Linux for a minute for some more genuine screenshots? ^^

The SDHC part is false. They have set a limit on the size of SDHC cards to 32GB. Making people believe that they will have a crazy amount of space when they most likely won't is hitting below the belt.

Eh, if my memory doesn't fail me, I remember Craig being all excited about 64Gig cards. So I'd believe that at least they will be usable.

Etinin said:
(off-topic)

Michael said:
emerge openoffice-bin? No need to compile your OO from scratch if your machine isn't very powerful.

shh, I was just lazy and hoped the OP or someone would post in another format. :confused:

adamorjames said:
The SDHC part is false. They have set a limit on the size of SDHC cards to 32GB. Making people believe that they will have a crazy amount of space when they most likely won't is hitting below the belt.
That is an arbitrary soft limit set by the SDA. The Pandora (along with most SDHC devices) will only require a minor driver update to support larger cards, whenever the SDA publishes specs for them.

There seems to be only one possible route for the spec change to allow more than 32GB as size of an SD card, and that is to start using more bits. Someone posted a link to wikipedia earlier, here's a quote from there:
"22 bits of the identification string are used to indicate the memory size in increments of 512 KBytes. Currently 16 of the 22 bits are allowed to be used, giving a maximum size of 32 GB"
I was scanning internettablettalk and someone there posted a link to the actual Linux driver source, and that source already accepts and handles up to 22 bits, so it looks like we won't even have to update the driver when larger-capacity cards arrive.

the promotion is sweet, however i hope batch 2 doesn't ship as late as March. with all that time people will probably not keep an eye on it for very long...

Back