Release Super Geometry Dust

sweet maybe I could build a website that could store that info? or a plugin/api for the repo that stores/shows these? if so would you help by telling me whats needed etc?

That would be rather awesome :) , it would be great to have online leader boards tied to the repo. Along with a standardised way for games to submit hi scores. Well worth a topic in general talk imho.

I agree, something standardized that any app could use would be awesome. :) If something like that is made, I'd be happy to throw it in. I'm not the guy to ask how to do that type of thing on the service end, though.

I've got the server, I'd be really happy if someone could create a standard API for leaderboards, so many more Pandora games could use it as standard.

I've got the server, I'd be really happy if someone could create a standard API for leaderboards, so many more Pandora games could use it as standard.

Awesome, I hope someone takes you up on it. :) It would also be fun to have a standard way of doing achievements. I know some people think they are dumb, but I know a lot of people like them too. :)

haha, after a while watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMR7jNq35iII thought: doesn't the background sounds somehow familiar?
default_smile.png'
looks like Mojave Storm followed boyinaband's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoW1dPHfYohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMR7jNq35iIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoW1dPHfYo. you can hear both songs on soundcloud for direct comparison: and . Which one do you prefer? :D

haha, after a while watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMR7jNq35iII thought: doesn't the background sounds somehow familiar?
default_smile.png'
looks like Mojave Storm followed boyinaband's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoW1dPHfYohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMR7jNq35iIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoW1dPHfYo. you can hear both songs on soundcloud for direct comparison: and . Which one do you prefer? :D

Whoa, yeah it does sound like that's what happened! I'll have to tease him about it next time I talk to him... ;)

That reminds me, though: I've wanted to include different songs for each game mode, but haven't been able to find a good source for songs that would be free to use (for both SGD and the commercially-sold Vertex Blaster - not sure if that would change anything). Anyone have any suggestions? What kind of license do I need to be looking for?

Hi wermy,

I've got a strange problem with Super Geometry Dust (which by the way is one of my favourite games):

I recently bought a new SD card and made the partition which hosts the pandora drawer ext4 instead of FAT32. Then I copied all contents of my old card to the new one. Since then I can start Super Geometry Dust after booting the Pandora only once! If I quit the game and try to start it again it won't come up and there is a line in the log which reads "Couldn't open dpads". Tried deleting appdata with no success.

Do you know what's wrong there?

Last edited by a moderator:
the partition which hosts the pandora drawer ext4 instead of FAT32... Since then I can start Super Geometry Dust after booting the Pandora only once! If I quit the game and try to start it again it won't come up and there is a line in the log which reads "Couldn't open dpads". Tried deleting appdata with no success.

Seconding this bug report.

Mine is also running on an EXT-formatted partition (ext2), and running on Super-Zaxxon (1.5, release). It's one of the new Rebirth Pandoras (I think it's the third one, if the serial number is to be believed :) ).

That reminds me, though: I've wanted to include different songs for each game mode, but haven't been able to find a good source for songs that would be free to use (for both SGD and the commercially-sold Vertex Blaster - not sure if that would change anything). Anyone have any suggestions? What kind of license do I need to be looking for?

I have a bunch of songs I've done that I'd be willing to work something out in a non monetary fashion for you to use in both games. I am sure they'd work to varying degrees depending on what you're looking for. PM me if interested and I can point you to five albums worth of content to poke at and I've got another album I have yet to post anywhere.

Try Jamendo

the partition which hosts the pandora drawer ext4 instead of FAT32... Since then I can start Super Geometry Dust after booting the Pandora only once! If I quit the game and try to start it again it won't come up and there is a line in the log which reads "Couldn't open dpads". Tried deleting appdata with no success.

Mine is also running on an EXT-formatted partition (ext2), and running on Super-Zaxxon (1.5, release). It's one of the new Rebirth Pandoras (I think it's the third one, if the serial number is to be believed :) ).

I also had this problem for a while... I found that in this case it would open in xfce but not minimenu... but it just went away at some point. Maybe I deleted appdata - I cant remember. Also, I updated to superzaxxon final, maybe that cured it

EDIT: Since a couple of days I cant quote anyone on these boards without the quote appearing twice... no matter what I do. Giving up!

Works now... maybe it's something with my browser...

^^^^I'm still on SZb5 but when I interpret 1.5 release the right way then myownlittlworld is on final SZ1.5, same as you.

As I deleted my appdata this neither seems to be the solution.

Replying shows sometimes strange effects here, too but never double quotations.

I'd like to third this, with my old CC Pandora running SuperZaxxon Final. I have no idea what the NAND is formatted as (can't see how to figure that out), but both cards are FAT32-formatted. It only happens on the new kernel, works fine on the old kernel. It happens in both XFCE and MiniMenu.

I have no idea what the NAND is formatted as (can't see how to figure that out)
UBIFS, with compression enabled ('free space' is always just a pessimistic guess).

It's not a block device so you can't use filesystems for block devices like ext2/3/4, FAT or NTFS. The NAND Chip is addresses directly without any controller.

I also suffer from the ""Couldn't open dpads"-bug after upgrading from HF6 (or so) to SuperZaxxon1.51. Removing the appdatafolder did not help. I'll report back in case I find a solution.

Edit:

I managed to start the game by manually mounting the pnd, then editing run_game.sh and commenting out all lines but "./SuperGeometryDust". Executing "./run_game.sh" then starts the game but Nubs won't work. Then i manually executed those echo-commands in a terminal that i commented out before and ran the script again. The game worked with nubs.

After that I tried to undo all changes in run_game.sh. And again the game won't start, although i tested that the modes are indeed changed to the new values.

I don't get this so far. Back in time i had same strange issues with other commands that are installed twice in the OS (once through busybox and once on some other way). One command workd, the other led to strange bugs. But I can't see that this is the reason here. This is a bit strange to me.

Try to put a sleep 2 after the echocommands. Notaz mentioned, that the new nubsetscripts need some time to set the nubs. So if supergeometrydust inits them before they are switched, it will fail.

Just came back from lunch and had the same idea. Tried it, came here and saw your message. =)

So far "sleep 1s" seems to be enough.

Back