Super Nes Emulation Gp2x

Cristallis

Still Fresh
Does the GP2X have an emulator that can play SNES games at full speed?

Also, does the GP2X connect to my TV so i can play games on the big screen?

I would say that SquidgeSNES is like 85% speed or better @ 240mhz whereas the one for GP32 was like 50% speed @ 166mhz. SS is faster than PS but less compatible. Neither one has near full compatibility because things such as SuperFX chip are not supported.

Blah said:
I would say that SquidgeSNES is like 85% speed or better @ 240mhz
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there. With an exception for a few games like F-Zero which run at 30%, but with frameskip, run at 100%. (On PocketSNES, it runs at 20fps.)

Blah said:
SS is faster than PS but less compatible.
Well, It depends on what you want to play. I think Donkey Kong Country runs better on SquidgeSNES, but F-Zero runs better on PocketSNES. Both should spport terminal stuff, so you should just be able to write scrpits to run your favorite games with the emulator that performs the best. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the two emulators are like the same speed but you all forget to enable transparencies in SquidgeSNES, so you get more fps ;) (press vol+- + R)

I've only started being active on this board again in the past few days, and the amount of threads like this is just crazy.
Do people not know about the Search feature?

tombott said:
Can't you use the search function yourself or do I have to answer this question for you, hey???

thefunkygibbon said:
another day, another "does snes run at full speed" thread :blink: :p
Just be glad it's not another "Will N64 emulation be possible" or "Can the GP2X run N64 games" thread.

lubidog said:
tombott said:
Can't you use the search function yourself or do I have to answer this question for you, hey???

it seems like you're missing his point, he says that no one seems to use the search function.

evol said:
lubidog said:
tombott said:

it seems like you're missing his point, he says that no one seems to use the search function.

So that would be me missing the point, hum.....?

lubidog said:
evol said:
lubidog said:
tombott said:

So that would be me missing the point, hum.....?

yes... let me break it down for you in my p.o.w (i´l be glad if you share your p.o.w to)

1. "Do people not know about the Search feature?"
this raises 2 questions. are "people" not using the search feature, and do the board advertise the search feature enough.

2. "Can't you use the search function yourself or do I have to answer this question for you, hey???"
is a masked answer in 2 parts it´s a rude way of saying "are you so stupid that you can´t use the search function, or are you so stupid that you cant figure out that no one uses it ?"

it seems like you're pretty tired off helping your fellow n00b over and over again, so you behave rudely to the ones that share your own view.

hmm... a little hint here, the more the community grows the more "st0pid n00bs" will get on your nerves, maybe silence is a way out for the tired l33ts ? (well im pretty annoyed that this community is starting to resemble "InsertRudeBickeringSelfishCommunity" )

*sigh*

Now look here, you patronising idiot!!!!

My comment was a JOKE. An ironical comment that he had asked a rhetorical question, and I made a fucking joke at his expense!!!!

Tombott was just stating the obvious, not a nasty comment, and mine was just a slight joke! Stop being so high and mighty, and quick to point the finger at others being nasty at noobs!

A little hint, noob, this community is very nice to all people apart from those who seem to put themselves better than others. Stop being so perfect.

Jeez, how pathetic!

so im a "high and mighty" " pathetic!" "patronising idiot!!!!" :D

niiiceee :p

hm... so i dont get your kind of humor, as it was "a fucking joke at his expense!!!! " :blink:

maybe i responded the way i did for skits and giggles a elaborate joke on your expense kewl huh :p

evol said:
maybe i responded the way i did for skits and giggles a elaborate joke on your expense kewl huh :p

Of course you did! Jolly well done!

Miika said:
PocketSNES is pretty much fullspeed, but can frameskip some on a few games.

To connect the GP2X to your TV you need either the
TV-Out Cable or the GP2X Cradle.

So where can I find these items?

Is there a link I can go to to see all the systems this baby can emulate?

PS: Thanks for all the info everyone!

there is also this screenshot collection that davec made at some point showing off all the great systems being emulated. Of course not all of them but a pretty nice overview. Can't find that thing though... maybe someone has got an idea where that is.

Back