SuperZaxxon v1.54 RC released

Another issue I'm noticing is that WiFi is being enabled on startup for some reason even though I didn't configure it to be. How do I fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
still no joy getting toucgscreen working after redownloading and reflashing 1.54.

lsmod command in terminal outputs this

Module                  Size  Used by
bluetooth             135482  0
g_cdc                  31846  0
omaplfb                 6399  0
pvrsrvkm              142894  1 omaplfb
zram                   10162  1
snd_seq                47389  0
snd_seq_device          4491  1 snd_seq
snd_pcm_oss            37469  0
snd_mixer_oss          13852  1 snd_pcm_oss
ipv6                  229983  10
fuse                   57963  2
ads7846                 8481  0
hwmon                    964  1 ads7846

EDIT:  Found the problem, had NOTHING to do with the firmware update.  Went around the bezel with some pressure and middle top section pressing it caused the touchscreen to react fine again.  Still working mostly fine, it stops on occassion but pinching that section gets it working again.

I find the new LED-Settings Feature nicely , but it doesn't work properly after rebooting my GHz Pandora.

I've lowered the brightness for the normal mode LED from 255 to 40 , and the powersave LED from 16 to 8,

but after rebooting it is set to the normal brightness as standart , even when i shut down the Pandora .

After that i looked at it again, but the Settings i'd made was saved and shows me 40 and 8 but the LED

shines like it would be set to normal mode 255 and powersave at 16 .

Maybe with this Feature we could save a little bit extra Battery power :wub:   , i love it .

I don't have any problems with LED feature.

It  gives me 30 more hours of battery life when Lid is closed (set it to 19)

Thanks for the update! I check for updates regulary, and it is pretty impressive to see how often there are some, considering how few people actually work on it.

My update stopped with an "error" because my cpu.conf is modified, so it did not overwrite it. I had the message before, probably because I changed the default CPU settings. I did use the interface for it, though, never touched the file manually.

It did not show a "Please reboot" message, it just stopped at the error and did not do anything. So I closed the window and rebooted.

The update seems to have worked fine for me (1 GHz unit). So far everything works. Including WiFi and my USB TV-Stick.

I would have prefered to be able to change the brightness of the Wifi-LED. I won't turn it off, I need it to tell me if Wifi is on or not. But when sitting in a dark room the LED can be a bit too bright.

There is no PWM on any other LEDs than charge and power. So no brightness control for the left-side leds - also no brightness control for the LED7 and LED8 on the right side if you installed them :p

It's real strange realtek broke, I've built it the same way I always do..

Does running "sudo modprobe 8192cu" manually help?

Another issue I'm noticing is that WiFi is being enabled on startup for some reason even though I didn't configure it to be. How do I fix it?
That's what "blacklist wl1251_sdio" does in /etc/modprobe.conf .

I just found a bug. Charging the Pandora via its mini-USB port causes its Keyboard to stop working and freeze when trying to reboot it.

It's real strange realtek broke, I've built it the same way I always do..

Does running "sudo modprobe 8192cu" manually help?

That's what "blacklist wl1251_sdio" does in /etc/modprobe.conf .
1. It states "FATAL: Error inserting 8192cu (/lib/modules/3.2.39/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192cu.ko): Device or resource busy" when I try using that command.

2. I have that entry in it but it still gets turned on during startup.

EDIT: I ran sudo depmod and then sudo modprobe 8192cu when USB Host was disabled. After doing that, I enabled USB Host and saw that the WiFi Dongle is now working. On reboot, I have to run the command again.

I just found a bug. Charging the Pandora via its mini-USB port causes its Keyboard to stop working and freeze when trying to reboot it.
I always charge over USB, never had such problem..

1. It states "FATAL: Error inserting 8192cu (/lib/modules/3.2.39/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192cu.ko): Device or resource busy" when I try using that command.

2. I have that entry in it but it still gets turned on during startup.

EDIT: I ran sudo depmod and then sudo modprobe 8192cu when USB Host was disabled. After doing that, I enabled USB Host and saw that the WiFi Dongle is now working. On reboot, I have to run the command again.
Ok, so it just needed depmod. Are you sure you still have to do it after reboot?

I don't think its the depmod that it needed. Yes, I am sure I have to do it after a reboot.

Same here, after using "sudo modprobe 8192cu" my WiFi Dongle works now ,thank you .

Edit:  until i'm rebooting the Pandora, then i have to run the command again .

Realy nice :)  , that fixed it and the WiFi Dongle works out of the box now like before .

Firstly i started the Pandora opened the Terminal , than typed the command "sudo depmod -a" ,

than shuting down the Pandora OS, started it again and it works flawlessly now after enabling the USB-host .

Thank you verry much :wub:

Attachments

• modprobe.conf.zip
    213 bytes · Views: 161
NEW Added LED-Settings dialogue. You can now set brightness setting for your Power LED and also disable / enable the SD1/SD2/Bluetooth/WiFi LEDs
Uhm .. I'm probably overlooking but where can I find this feature?  :wacko:   Is it terminal-only maybe?

Back