SuperZaxxon v1.55 released!

Has anyone used the "Upgrade Pandora OS" PND method here? I can do a re-flash with no problems, but it just takes a while since I do I have 2 Pandoras.

I always have problems with the Upgrade OS option. It usually fails a few times before it works properly.

D.

There was that one time issue with it breaking the wifi, but so far it's been smooth sailing.

Has anyone used the "Upgrade Pandora OS" PND method here? I can do a re-flash with no problems, but it just takes a while since I do I have 2 Pandoras.
Used that method, and all seemed well except for the menu no longer working in Openbox. rebooted and only the shoulder buttons worked. Flashing it now.

Edit: I seem to be having issues with it freezing on startup or shutdown, but at least I finally figured out that the nubs were somehow set to joystick mode for both. Meaning no mouse and no mouse buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used that method, and all seemed well except for the menu no longer working in Openbox. rebooted and only the shoulder buttons worked. Flashing it now.

Edit: I seem to be having issues with it freezing on startup or shutdown, but at least I finally figured out that the nubs were somehow set to joystick mode for both. Meaning no mouse and no mouse buttons.
I had problems also, but I will give it a try with the older Pandora first and see just what happens. Re-Flashing always works fine, it is just have re-set everything like Samba, etc that takes a while. In the end it is always worth it.

For those of you who have gotten the upgrade OS PND to to work, is there specific instructions to get things to go smoothly? I have just ran the PND. I suppose I need to have specific files located in a specific spot.

was sshd recently dropped in favor of dropbear, or was dropbear used the whole time?

i reflashed 1.55 and suddenly sshfs was throwing refused connections at me.

after starting dropbear manually everything seems to work now.

It was always dropbear.

You can set it to load automatically on startup by selecting:

Pandora Menu --> Settings -> Startup -> Enable/Disable services on boot --> Start Dropbear (SSH login) on bootup

- Neelix

yeah i know, thanks.

i was just used to it working out of the box, i never needed to configure anything, so i never realised it was dropbear under the hood :)

It was never enabled by default, so I suspect that last time you did it during the First Run wizard and then forgot about it. ;)

-Neelix

that's right!
out of sight, out of mind :)

$: nano /etc/ssh/sshd-config

$: no such file

wait, what?
oh, it's dropbear, right ...

anyway, thanks neelix :)

Anyone else experiencing WiFi connection problems after suspend? WiFi was switched on before suspend, but it didn't work after I woke up my Pandora (WiFi LED was off). Disabling and re-enabling WiFi did not help. Only restarting NetworkManager worked. Quite annoying ...

does this happen occasionally or every time you try to reproduce it?

no such problems here...

does this happen occasionally or every time you try to reproduce it?

no such problems here...
So far, every time (from both, suspend and standby). I also experience that the WiFi-connection gets lost sometimes.

For some reason, my Pandora also seems to think that it's running from AC power after I unplug the charger.

Looks like I updated too quickly, before the release is thoroughly tested :-(

Edit: Just took longer than usual to detect the disconnection of the power supply ...

Also, there is only one wireless nework here, and my router is in the next room. The Pandora has good reception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, where I am we have lots of wifi's in the air, so it takes about 30 seconds before the wireless networks are ennumerated and it finds mine. Then, it autoconnects.

Upgrade Pandora OS seemed to do the job with no ill effects. Wifi not rigorously tested, but does seem to connect more solidly to the office wifi and maintains high speed, consistent 750 KB/Sec. I shall see with my router at home (not that it gave me significant trouble).

Many thanks to all and sundry for keeping up the support.

Well, where I am we have lots of wifi's in the air, so it takes about 30 seconds before the wireless networks are ennumerated and it finds mine. Then, it autoconnects.
There is only one WIFI where I am, it is very strong, and it still takes up to a minute for the Pandora to find it and connect.

One question: what is the difference between executing "sudo /etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart" in the terminal and in a launcher? I made a launcher on the desktop, and it opens the terminal, asks for the su password and even says something about restarting the NetworkManager, but it doesn't help getting WiFi to work after suspend. When I c&p the command into a terminal window, WiFi works again afterwards...

OK, I ran DMESG and got the following after waking up the Pandora from suspend/standby:

wl1251_sdio mmc2:0001:1: wlan0: (WE) : Wireless Event too big (33)

A Google search for "Wireless Event too big" gave me a lot of results dealing with outdated broken WiFi drivers or a bug in NetworkManager. Most posts about this problem seem to be quite old (from 2009/2010) and I couldn't find a solution. I also skimmed through the settings of my router, but I couldn't find anything suspicious (no QoS settings or anything alike). Also, the router works fine with a Windows 8 PC, a Windows 7 laptop, an iPhone, an Android phone and an Android tablet (I had a Maemo phone and a Linux laptop working with the router as well).

Installed using the "Upgrade Pandora OS" option, and everything perfect. The best enhancement I have found since the upgrade is that my 1st order Pandora boots way faster than with v1.54!!!

Great work!!!

Back