SuperZaxxon v1.71 (final major release) released!

Now it doesn't complain about wrong filesystem but again is unable to mount the share. Besides I don't know why it tries to mount ro.
check dmesg now, it should have some message.

option username is not mandatory, it just uses the username that invokes the command, on the first example I'm using a public share It works in other machines no matter the password/username I use.
I've just checked and username is mandatory when mount.cifs is not installed, at least with version of mount that's in pandora.

I can't install the community codec pack. I tried reflashing about 5 times but it still doesn't work. The installer always says it is installed, but I can't play music or video files from the file explorer.

I can't install the community codec pack. I tried reflashing about 5 times but it still doesn't work. The installer always says it is installed, but I can't play music or video files from the file explorer.
Does Gnome-Mplayer launch at all?, Have you checked if it was a simple file association issue.. well try this after running the community codec pack installer can you share the debug information from the .out file. It should be in the /tmp directory and named similarly to the pnd name, but with .out at the end. 

Something else to try is use more optimized video players like smplayer2, if that works the codec pack should be installed and you just have an association issue, which may still be a bug.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't launch mplayer because it is not under Multimedia, where it should be. The smplayer2 you linked works.

Here is the debug information:

Added Spoiler Tags - TrashyMG

Code:
=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/desktop/CodecPack.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/codecpack.openpandora.org=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
ln: creating symbolic link `/sbin/mount.ntfs': File exists
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1

I can't launch mplayer because it is not under Multimedia, where it should be. The smplayer2 you linked works.

Here is the debug information:

Added Spoiler Tags - TrashyMG

Code:
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/desktop/CodecPack.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./start.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/codecpack.openpandora.org=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/codecpack.openpandora.org=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
ln: creating symbolic link `/sbin/mount.ntfs': File exists
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( ./start.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/codecpack.openpandora.org': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 1
Well it looks like nothing went wrong with the install from the looks of that output file, plus smplayer2 works.. I haven't done a full reflash in ages, I'm wondering if gnome-mplayer was removed from the default firmware?.. It's possible to associate smplayer2 in the file-manager, but the nature of the PND system makes it complicated. One way is very manual and I would need to dig around for the way to show you, the other way is someone did make a PND utility and one it's functions is that it simplifies that process, however I never tried it. http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/2688-pnd-utils//URL]

Did you try to play a file using that that you think needs the codec pack? I see no errors there indicating any problems.

FWIW, gnome-mplayer and command line mplayer are in the codec pack. They ought to appear if it's installed, and the menu has refreshed properly. You should be able to open a terminal and type 'mplayer [filename]' to load a file using command line mplayer (which will pop open a window - you can close it again by typing q for quit).

Starting mplayer from terminal works.
What about gnome-mplayer in the terminal? if that does work, all you have to do is right click on the video file and click "Open with Other Application" select GNOME Mplayer if displayed in the list or use custom command and you can fill in where the executable is located: /usr/bin/gnome-mplayer . Ensure the checkbox "Use as default for this kind of file" is selected.

GNOME Mplayer was not in the list, but I did now the following: I installed 1.55 firmware, then the codec pack and then upgraded to 1.71. At least I have now the GNOME Mplayer back.

Has anyone else done a full upgrade to 1.71 and then added the codec pack? Sometimes on my system the menu stops updating, and new apps don't show up, but a reboot always fixes it. Based on Berni's evidence, it suggests that the install of gnome-mplayer that the codec pack doesn't show up on the menu even following a reboot, so it'd be good to know if anyone else installed the codec pack on a fresh install of the latest OS (and if they see mplayer in their multimedia section of the menu).

Now it doesn't complain about wrong filesystem but again is unable to mount the share. Besides I don't know why it tries to mount ro.
check dmesg now, it should have some message.

option username is not mandatory, it just uses the username that invokes the command, on the first example I'm using a public share It works in other machines no matter the password/username I use.
I've just checked and username is mandatory when mount.cifs is not installed, at least with version of mount that's in pandora.
I don't know why i didn't do it last time.

pandora:/home/asimov# mount -t cifs //192.168.13.10/asimov test/ -o username=
asimov -vvv
mount: fstab path: "/etc/fstab"
mount: mtab path: "/etc/mtab"
mount: lock path: "/etc/mtab~"
mount: temp path: "/etc/mtab.tmp"
mount: UID: 0
mount: eUID: 0
mount: spec: "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node: "test/"
mount: types: "cifs"
mount: opts: "username=asimov"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209792, data: username=asimov
mount: block device //192.168.13.10/asimov is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: spec: "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node: "test/"
mount: opts: "username=asimov,ro"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209791, data: username=asimov
mount: cannot mount block device //192.168.13.10/asimov read-only
pandora:/home/asimov# dmesg|tail
[34156.042114] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[34166.205932] wlan0: no IPv6 routers present
[34171.010192] aufs test_add:261:mount[4585]: uid/gid/perm /mnt/pnd/palemoon 0/0/0755, 0/0/0777
[34598.770019] CIFS VFS: default security mechanism requested. The default security mechanism will be upgraded from ntlm to ntlmv2 in kernel release 3.3
[34600.479492] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[34600.479522] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[34600.481018] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
[34600.503601] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[34600.503631] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[34600.503875] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
pandora:/home/asimov#

You where right now it shows the details of the error.

Let's try also what linux-swat suggested.

Code:
pandora:/home/asimov# mount -t cifs //192.168.13.10/asimov test/ -o username=
asimov,noserverino -vvv
mount: fstab path: "/etc/fstab"
mount: mtab path:  "/etc/mtab"
mount: lock path:  "/etc/mtab~"
mount: temp path:  "/etc/mtab.tmp"
mount: UID:        0
mount: eUID:       0
mount: spec:  "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node:  "test/"
mount: opts:  "username=asimov,noserverino"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209792, data: username=asimov,noserverino
mount: block device //192.168.13.10/asimov is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: spec:  "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node:  "test/"
mount: opts:  "username=asimov,noserverino,ro"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209791, data: username=asimov,noserverino
mount: cannot mount block device //192.168.13.10/asimov read-only
pandora:/home/asimov# dmesg|tail
[34970.652465] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
[34970.679534] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[34970.679565] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[34970.679870] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
[35002.290222] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[35002.290252] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[35002.290588] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
[35002.307189] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[35002.307220] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[35002.307556] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
pandora:/home/asimov#

What about gnome-mplayer in the terminal? if that does work, all you have to do is right click on the video file and click "Open with Other Application" select GNOME Mplayer if displayed in the list or use custom command and you can fill in where the executable is located: /usr/bin/gnome-mplayer . Ensure the checkbox "Use as default for this kind of file" is selected.
Can't do this with MPS.

Can't do this with MPS.
Because MPS is embedded in a PND file and not installed on the NAND like mplayer is.

This will be the last major release. Future upgrades will only be bugfixes and Pandora-specific package updates (i.e. if Fussili gets an update), but won't add new features anymore.

So there is still hope that the backlight bug will be fixed some day? :) It's really annoying, as it may easily half the battery level while playing mp3 (because once the screen is on with closed lid, it will never go off by itself).

You can edit your script and reverse that behaviour. (if you want it, reply to this and Ill rewrite it, as flashing of course, removed all my fancy changes). Drawback was that sometimes, you have a disabled screen, and need to close/open again to get video.

Bug report: Every switch back to XFCE (from Pandafe) creates a new SystemSettings icon instance in the system panel

By the system panel I mean the (default) bottom panel in XFCE.

By SystemSettings I mean the grey icon with the pliers and screwdriver, which opens a dropdown menu for quickly changing settings such as CPU speed, TV-out, bluetooth, USB-host, etc.

Every time I switch back to XFCE from Pandafe via the normal "Switch GUI" dialogue creates a new instance of this icon. First I get 2, then 3, etc. Didn't try further, as this is obviously buggy enough.

I can confirm this. The behaviour changed in the startup process of configbutton, and I forgot to inform the maintainers about it.

So, to whoever added configbutton to the firmware: Make sure that it's started with an argument, and that it's something else than "nokill", I suggest "create-pid" as argument.

tbh, I can't for the life of me remember why I changed it…

You can edit your script and reverse that behaviour. (if you want it, reply to this and Ill rewrite it, as flashing of course, removed all my fancy changes). Drawback was that sometimes, you have a disabled screen, and need to close/open again to get video.
Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'reverse that behaviour'? I don't know what script you are talking about and what exactly the change would do.

@Zink: Sure, it it /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh

similar to .lidconfig, I had made something that swapped the behavior of display_on().

Unfortunately, the last code I have was a patch to not suspend (kill -STOP) wakealarm.sh, which served to put the pandora into lowpower, and make it wake up just in time for the alarm, which worked well, until, well, heat screwed up my sleep mode (I am unable to wake it up again, unless, Bard, or VLC is keeping the sound running, which is a drag).

If you need more than adding a #display_on in lowPowerOff() ill try to recreate it. (involved some C code to read the lid button, now where did I have that code?)

Back