1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Release SuperZaxxon v1.76

Discussion in 'Pandora OS (SuperZaxxon GNU/Linux)' started by notaz, Jan 7, 2017.

1. sepulep

sepulep Member

ok, I tried that, but it didn't change anything...(also, its not triggered under 1.75)..can it be caused by a fault during the system upgrade? cause I noticed some of the pandora scripts referenced a non-existing op_path.sh..forcing a opkg reinstall of pandora scripts fixed that (but not yet the usb issue)..are there any other opkgs I should try to reinstall??

2. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

I haven't worked on it for a long time so I simply don't remember the opkgs. If you have random missing files, the charging monitoring service might be broken too. Or some messed up configuration files that are not updated by opkg. I'd recommend redoing the SD card or reflashing the NAND.

levi likes this.
  3. Cloudef

Cloudef Member

Yeah, sort of few days ago in IRC we realized that opkg is not really good at keeping track of files.

4. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Gamestop sells PSP chargers with a normal wall plug, that detaches for usb to barrel jack. It is really handy.

rygD and Eight Bit like this.
  5. sepulep

sepulep Member

ok..always feels a bit like a defeat to do a clean install ;) i have reflashed the NAND now and that works properly.. (will do sd card later)

rygD and levi like this.
  6. fusion_power

fusion_power Advanced Member

the only weird thing my Pandora does during charging is to display negative times how long the full charge will take. :D Don't know since what Firmware update this is but the charge goes normal through. My Batery stops charging around 80% or so, but after reboot it's over 90%. Never reaches 100% but I have an old classic Pandora, not the newest Battery for sure.

7. Hooka

Hooka That Guy!

fusion_power: me too with my classic UNLESS I charge it through USB, then it seems to get 100%, might just be the lower charge for longer?

8. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

My Pandora seems to stop charging at about 80% and if taken off the charge for at least five seconds then put back on will happily then charge to 100%. But I've not yet managed to prove that's what's happening, because the LCD on my unit is broken, and I can only check charge when I take it to the TV and plug it in, and also I've rarely been looking when it comes of charge, so it's possible it charged to close to 100% then discharged all the way down, although it shouldn't have been able to go much beyond 90% I'd have thought in the few hours I estimate between end of charge and my checking. Although maybe if it's only charging to 80% it will come to that point earlier in the night, I've not really considered that.

It's not a big issue. If I've charged it overnight, I'll just replug it when I wake up, and let it grab a little more charge while I'm having my breakfast.

9. alxm

alxm Still making GP2X games!

I had a battery issue at some point last year, the meter was stuck at 0% while the unit was still running, or showed 100% after hours of use. I removed the battery and let it sit for a day, then charged it back to full. That seemed to fix it for the time being.

levi likes this.