Surely The Case Moulds Should Be Done By Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaun. said:
When MWeston says that the injected parts are going to be delivered to him next week does this mean the completed mould or all the Pandora cases? Can't wait to see the cases, it looks really nice on the mainpage.

One would imagine the injected plastic parts that the company is happy with so far, as he says they are still testing a few parts. Plus if I remember correctly the Moulds weigh a huge amount since they are solid metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I think it would be only the one (1) completed case Mweston would receive by next week. Then we will see pictures and if everything looks good, they can begin cranking them out. So not too shabby. The only thing of interest is N64 this week, but I will probably only pay attention to the unofficial blog. See you next week fellas!

dupey said:
good news

but i'm just wondering why the chinese holidays matter to the pcb factory in texas?
If I'm not mistaken the actual PCB gets stamped out in China and then shipped to Texas. The factory in Texas does the soldering to actually attach stuff to the boards and then assembles them.

Sitwon said:
dupey said:
good news

but i'm just wondering why the chinese holidays matter to the pcb factory in texas?
If I'm not mistaken the actual PCB gets stamped out in China and then shipped to Texas. The factory in Texas does the soldering to actually attach stuff to the boards and then assembles them.
You are mistaken.
The PCBs are made in Texas (by TI themselves I think).
The cases are made in China.

EDIT: I was wrong.
EDIT2: EVERYTHING I KNOW IS LIES

Aninhumer said:
You are mistaken.
The factory is in Texas, but it is not TI. This is misinformation that perpetuated itself as truth. True though that the same factory that is making the PCB's will be doing the assembly, and the cases are manufactured in China.

Aninhumer said:
Sitwon said:
dupey said:
good news

You are mistaken.
It's not by TI.

Edit:
Haha, double ninja?

Aninhumer said:
Sitwon said:
dupey said:
good news

You are mistaken.

The PCBs are made in Texas by a company other than TI (I think)
The cases and keyboard mats are made in China.
Final assembly is in Texas. (I think)

Come on guys, with a large enough quote pyramid, we can approximate the truth!

The PCBs are being made in China (otherwise why would I even have brought up the holiday again?). The company in Texas makes nothing. They just put stuff together.

For clarity, all prototype PCBs were made by a company in California and they did a good job but they couldn't come close to the pricing we got for production in China and the assembler said the quality from this China company was about the best they have ever seen so we weren't going to argue with any of that!

Nobody will be shipping me the molds. That's crazy talk. What would I do with them? I imagine I will get 3-4 complete case kits next week, lacking the silk screening unless they do that in house as well. When I say next week, I mean not this one as my last post was made as Monday morning began in China so this week had already started. I mean seven days from now, I expect something to ship to me. I hope that clears everything up. :)

MWeston said:
The PCBs are being made in China (otherwise why would I even have brought up the holiday again?). The company in Texas makes nothing. They just put stuff together.

Actually, the company in Texas makes the assembled Pandora.
They take all the little bits and assemble them to the bigger whole.
I would call this "Making" by any definition of the term.

Again,
Thanks for your detailed updates, MWeston.
They are extremely helpful.

Actually, the company in Texas makes the assembled Pandora.
That's stretching it. The Post will make the 'assembled' pandora because they'll be the last to 'assemble' it with the package? Or maybe I should complain that it was desigilated before entering my possession (why it won't still be 'assembled' with the cargo or plane?). The clerk will stare 2 seconds™.

What would I do with them?
Clothing from pandora moulds. You might become rich.
lady-gaga-bubble-dress_l.jpg
Your 'embarrassment' is that priceless? <hides>

Sorry to hear about the fire. I hope that the insurance company your with pays up. The UK has been getting a little short changed on those recently.

MWeston said:
I just got ... molds are completely... the color... matte finish...

Canada has the Queen on their stamps yet there are some non-blighty spellings here. :)

Is "matte" is the female form of matt? Bit like you have a blond bloke and a blonde bird. I thought that blond was the only English gender specific word.

MWeston said:

Thanks... that's...interesting.

Where the official Pandora site says that the Pandora is being manufactured in the USA instead of China (an item of data that I'm sure has been repeated on the forum a time or two) does that actually just refer to assembling the bits? I think some people may have thought it meant a bit more than that (I know I did). I've even worried that OpenPandora seems to be viewing the item as "not made in the USA" for purposes of selling to Americans, but "Made in the USA" for everyone else, which I've found mildly confusing :( If it's only assembled in the USA then that makes half the equation clearer IMHO.

Are the americans really THAT much better at putting components in a case than the Chinese are?

MWeston said:
Nobody will be shipping me the molds. That's crazy talk. What would I do with them?

Maybe some weight lifting? Do you need to get in shape after months of sitting down shouting at incomprehensible Chinese Factory Managers?

so pandora is really made in china, despite everything we've been told.
its just assembled in america... strange news.

Noisome said:
I was just wondering if the final production of everything or most things is in the US or China or elsewhere.

craigix said:
Aside from the Case it's all USA.

:/

gibberish said:

Noisome said:
I was just wondering if the final production of everything or most things is in the US or China or elsewhere.

craigix said:

We've always known that it was made in China but assembled in Texas.

amf66 said:
gibberish said:

Noisome said:

craigix said:

We've always known that it was made in China but assembled in Texas.

well i must have missed the boat then, because i was under the impression only the cases and keymats were chinese made. that seems to be what craigix was implying in that post as well. i dont really care, as long as it is reliable and works like it should. but honestly, i genuinely thought that the pcb's were being made in america, until now. whatever though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back