T.i.m - The Imploding Mutant ( Wip )

Nope :), at least not yet lol

Edit : Quick video showing "Traders Outpost" menu in action ( PC ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBL3TEBBf8

Sorry about the background picture, I'm testing possibilities ;)

Edit 2 : Another vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEOxq_bLJE

Yet another EDIT
:D : Here is a little spoiler ( I know that the base isn't brilliant but I do intend to create everything in 3D once the game is finished )

tim-station.jpg

And yes, another edit, now it's time to prepare some more 3D ships and get a neat station or two sorted before I post new videos...

Edit : Another spoiler snapshot showing some of the new ships and a new station

tim-station-new.jpg

Edit : And another one, ship now docked, once this happens, a menu will pop-up with trade option / mission option / news / shipyard / weapons shop, etc...

tim-station-new1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upping this once again, mainly so that you all see the latest videos and snapshots :) ( the new ships and station aren't finished yet ).

I've been looking through my code ( and designing some more ships and so on ). Found a huge bug that was messing the enemy formations and generally slowing down a couple of things... So I may have gained enough speed for some extras :D.

Anyway, no more updating this post until something incredible is done lol... Time for beers now.

X-Code said:
T.I.M. is being worked on and will be coming soon...-ish B)

Here are some really bad quality cam vids and a couple of screenshots... The aim is to make something similar to Frontier but in 2D, there is a load of work to be done but I'm getting there ( I think ) :D

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/project-tim/

Looks really good... by the way, great use of Pink Floyd in the Video, "Wish you were Here" was their best, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks :), the song happened to be on the radio at the time and I liked how it fitted into the main menu of the game lol.

I'm considering the creation of a similar tune for the game ( at least for the menus and adventure mode ).

Edit : In order to avoid spamming sites talking about my game, I have setup a small blog ( link in sig ) , it is solely dedicated to my beers and GP2X coding projects... Feel free to register and comment in both English or Spanish :)

Upping this for the last time to ensure that everyone knows that now the game has it's "official" blog-type page... I know that I mentioned it in the previous post but I don't think that many people saw the latest edit :D

All news from now on regarding T.I.M. will be posted there in both English and Spanish.

The link is in my sig

Thanks Fargo :), there should be more videos / pics in a couple of days, work is going quite fast ( I thought that all the heat here would stop me working, but to prevent it I now sit inside a freezer with my beers and my laptop :lol: )

Another spoiler:

TIM-station_menu-SPOILER.jpg

Now with shaded background to make reading a little more comfortable :lol:

TIM-station_menu-SPOILER1.jpg

More Info:
http://www.bitmaniacs.com/?cat=3

I wasn't going to fish this thread up again :lol: , but I consider it the official T.I.M. thread... So I will.

I've added another video, I've partially deactivated collision detection & the enemy formation and attack wave code as I'm rewriting it. In this video you'll see a couple of enemy types doing their job and you'll also see what happens when you get to a station.

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/?p=21

Edit: Please note that the skips in the video have been created by YouTube... The real video and game evidently don't move like that, also note that I've limited it to 30-35 FPS, but it does actually hit 50 with no problems on the GP2X :lol:

Edit 1: Spoiler showing new level ( same enemies as I haven't made any more yet lol )... Tilesets are provisional, mainly for testing.
TIM-SPOILER.jpg

Yaaah, Devil's Dance :D

I like what I see here, this will no doubt be a very fun game. A space shooter with an actual strategic twist, this is how I always imagined Start Trek games would be (never having played a licensed Start Trek game).

I like the big graphics and the backgrounds don't stand out more than they should. The menus look good too, keep it up X-Code :)

This is such a cool project, cant wait for its release. Are you planning to keep a tally of what we paid for items so we can know whether or not we are making a profit or a loss on them? Thats one thing i always found missing from Elite, though i had plenty of notes so id never make a loss :p

EDIT: Typo

I intend to create some VERY immersive gameplay, maybe not graphically immersive, but pretty deep :lol: . Records of everything important done will be kept in the save file ( I'm working that out on paper this minute lol ). It'll also be an extra page or three within the status screen. EDIT: I meant STATS screen

There is a load of work to do but I aim to make the best or... Nearly the best B)

EDIT: A quick snapshot of the news function & another one of the job offers function

TIM-SPOILER-NEWS.jpg
TIM-SPOILER-JOBS.jpg

Will do, thanks :).

I'm coding the game in C / SDL, and nope, it's not my first game ever ( it is the first one that I attempt on the GP2X, and certainly the first one that I will bother to release though lol )

A quick update :)

The map system is fully functional now, when you move from one system to the next ( within the map evidently lol ), you see all the basic info regarding that system. If you click on a system you get the detailed information regarding the selected system.

I'm now working on the jump system for the ship's on-board map, I'm also working on the jump gates and the jump motors.

Phew, I'm tired :lol: I'll probably be posting another video within the next day or three.

Here goes a quick and dirty preview of how the work in both the menus and map is going :)
There are a couple of minor bugs, nothing serious.

http://www.bitmaniacs.com/?p=29

I hope to be able to show more regarding the detailed map and also the ship map and jump gate system next week... Stay tuned :).

EDIT: Quick preview of a jumpgate ( not finished yet :lol: )

TIM-SPOILER-JUMPGATE.jpg

This game just keeps getting better and better. :)

I'm going to have to start thinking up excuses to get off work for when this comes out. :lol:

Back