T.i.m - The Imploding Mutant ( Wip )

Thanks all for your comments :)

Fargo: Yes, I know, I will be adding the real special effects once the main part of the code is finished ;). Impacts will appear as little sparks and will also leave visible damage marks on the bigger ships.

Just wanted to add that this is looking incredible!

I have a slow internet at the moment, so can't watch the videos and have never played Frontier, but grew up on Elite so...will this have a ranking system like Elite? I mean the Deadly Dangerous Elite thing?

Thanks.

It's going to have a complete ranking system, stats system and just about anything else that I can remember of a couple of games that I've played in the past ( including Elite, Frontier, Freelancer, and some others ) ;)

I'll explain everything about the game in more detail soon, there is a huge amount of work to be done. I'm working on the missions system this minute and it's already looking good and... working... quite good.

Now it's beertime for me, I'm in need of rest :D

Quick news update, I've spent all day updating and optimizing all the code for the GP2X, I've also repaired my TV-Out cable... ( That means that the videos will be recorded directly from the GP2X via the TV-Out cable and XVidCap from now on and with a little luck ).

I've also been fixing the controls for the GP2X, we all know that it's an evil thing when used incorrectly :lol:

Right, that's all, I'm going to go and drown myself in beer, I'm tired and need to relax a little B)

Bringing this back up :) , I've been without INet for a couple of days and therefore couldn't keep news regarding T.I.M. updated.

I've been working on the traders outpost page ( now it's fully functional ), ship menu, cargo hold page, ship info page, stats pages and so on and I'll be showing you all a video grabbed directly via the TV-Out cable in the next couple of days ;) .

Edit: Quick spoiler snapshot showing a system intro screen... The text isn't final, and the font used will probably be changed once the game is ready. Text formatting for the intro screens, credits, missions and news pages is being worked on too and will be ready in the next couple of days.

tim-intro-spoiler.jpg

Edit: Another quick spoiler snapshot showing the new traders outpost page.

tim-new-TO.jpg

Sorry for not presenting any new videos yet.

I'm working quite hard on various parts of the game and want to finish them before presenting any new videos because I don't want people to get bored watching a video that looks too similar to the previous ones :lol:

Inter-system trading now fully works, in fact, the first test flight was yesterday at 15:17 hrs ( GMT +1 ). The cargo included water, alcohol, weed and gas :lol:

Now, over the next couple of weeks I'm going to try to clean the code up a bit more and finish the missions system and all the other small bits and pieces that aren't fully functional...

... And then I'll start work on getting a beta for betatesters ready. ( there will evidently be a couple of videos before this last step ).

More info when more info is available ;)

X-Code said:
I hope that everyone likes it, I'm working pretty hard to make it a great and finished game :)
I'm sure :D I will like it!
dont you think it is time for a little demo? maybe only fly from point a to point b and blast something... :rolleyes:

edit: typo :p

Last edited by a moderator:
No! Let him work on it until he's ready!

I am 'Shure' (sic) he will no the right time! And please take your time, as this is one of the great hopes for the GP2x for me!

lubidog said:
No! Let him work on it until he's ready!

I am 'Shure' (sic) he will no the right time! And please take your time, as this is one of the great hopes for the GP2x for me!
:D kind of dyslexia? :D

Quick update : Communications between our ship and other ships, bases and stations will be possible.

We will not always be attacked during adventure mode, some systems are friendly, others are hostile, and others are simply unknown. Not all ships that appear before us should be destroyed, we'll have some form of warning indicator to avoid "accidents"... If an "accident" does happen you get a warning. If you accumulate 3 warnings you get a status change to "Wanted". In this status mode everyone will try to attack you and the only way to get out of that mode will be to go to a rehab-station and pay a certain fee.

This is only stuff that's drifting through my mind but I'm quite sure that I'll get it working :).

Sorted another little matter or two out, in previous versions station and jumpgate positions were fixed, now the positioning is controlled via the systems file. This ensures that each system has it's own settings and that the distance travelled is different from one system to another.

Also, from now on it's not obligatory to dock at a station, if you wish to dock you open communications and request permission.

More info soon :)

Yet another quick update ( I like to keep people informed of all progress when possible :) )

We now have a radar, open the ship menu, select radar, and we will see position / location of ALL objects ( ships, bases, stations, jumpgates, etc... ( Objects invisible to the basic radar will not be visible evidently ).

More info and maybe a video soon :)

I can't wait! Keep them coming!

I would pay for this game...

lubidog said:
I can't wait! Keep them coming!

I would pay for this game...
Don't give me ideas or I'll start selling copies of the game at 15 euros a hit :lol: ( joking )

BTW. I know that the radar ship icons and all other icons in it are very small, they will be bigger, this was a first test to prove that it's working :) .

I don't have many visible updates ( I.E. Screenshots and videos ) these days, it's only due to the fact that most of the work being done these days is down to invisible operations, math, strings and so on. In fact, I've had to rewrite the whole enemy ship generation code to suit the radar system ( quite a load of work really, but well worth it :lol: ).

Right, I'm getting back to work, I want to finish the radar system and the ship map system before monday, after that, I want to finish ( and fix a small bug ) in the trading system and cargo hold... And after that... Well, surely more work.

Back