TCP/IP over bluetooth

el_pango

Apologies if it's been asked before, but is there any way to establish a TCP connection between two Pandoras over Bluetooth?

Apologies if it's been asked before, but is there any way to establish a TCP connection between two Pandoras over Bluetooth?

http://triptico.com/docs/bluetooth.html

That seems to fit your bill.

I am highly amused that the daemon that handles this functionality is called "pand".

This is exactly what I was looking for, I think. I'm hoping multiplayer Quake is possible over this...

Thanks!
I'm sure you have your reasons, but why bluetooth over wlan?

I'm sure you have your reasons, but why bluetooth over wlan?

My girlfriend also has a Pandora, and we'd like to be able to play games when there isn't a hotspot around. As far as I know, ad-hoc isn't supported (yet...?), so I figured Bluetooth might be a viable alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thing ad-hoc might be supported in HF6 (or beta wifi driver) there was some discussion about it. I am not entirely sure what the status is though. It could definitely become a possibility in the future.

I thing ad-hoc might be supported in HF6 (or beta wifi driver) there was some discussion about it. I am not entirely sure what the status is though. It could definitely become a possibility in the future.

I should really consider updating beyond HF4... </lazy>

Back