Teaser. (More Info to Come)

Hey ekianjo, dumb question maybe but would a small bento box fit in there? An authentic bento from Japan would be cool maybe with some nice chopsticks. I have no idea what these things go for though. I'm not a big manga guy but if that's asking too much don't worry about it, maybe just load it up with all candy. I wanted to run it buy you before I sent a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ekianjo, dumb question maybe but would a small bento box fit in there? An authentic bento from Japan would be cool maybe with some nice chopsticks. I have no idea what these things go for though. I'm not a big manga guy but if that's asking too much don't worry about it, maybe just load it up with all candy. I wanted to run it buy you before I sent a PM.
A small bento box would fit. I have a friend in Kyoto who runs a bento box shop and I can certainly check with him for which models would fit. As for the price, I can't say right now, but shouldnt be too pricey for these kind of things. Please contact me by PM if you are still interested :)  

By the way, unrelated with the box filled with stuff discussion, but today is the day when the first JP artwork box has been shipped to a Japan customer. I'll share with you his reactions when I hear from him. 

^ Does this mean that you've sold your first Pandora in Japan?   :)  

...or am I jumping the gun here with my enthusiasm...?
OK, don't expect me to give a detailed report on how many are sold in Japan (while I may give a few numbers once in a while), but already 3 Pandora sold so far. 2 already shipped, one in processing. 

I haven't even started to communicate much in Japan. :)

Nice, numbers of interest are rising.

I want a Pandora box to place on my mantelpiece as a placeholder until my actual Pandora arrives.

...And sweets? Go on then :)

sweetsandtoys.jpg

That's my point.. the translation is the easiest part.. if the original designer is happy to use it globally.
Truth is, it's not really my call. I'm just the designer. Ekianjo is the one who has put himself on the line for the success of the Pandora in Japan. I think allowing him to keep these designs exclusive to Japan for the time being is the correct way to go right now.

I'm still working on some kick ass wallpapers for you guys though!

Also congratulations to Ekianjo, for getting more Pandoras sold! Every panda sold helps the long-term success of this project!

so what are we looking upon something like 20$ + the content? 40$+the content?

Hi,

Just got my Pandora from ekianjo a couple of hours ago!

Here's the unboxing, sorry about the poor quality:

box_front.jpg

box_back.jpg
Good job on the box art!

box_front_sans_cover.jpg
The wooden box was a nice touch :)

box_opened.jpg
Note that the above picture was taken after I unwrapped all the plastic.

Everything was neatly wrapped and the documents were in an envelope :)

pandora_booted.jpg
Works out of the box. Love the wallpaper! :)

Really happy with ekianjo's service. He's been thoroughly helpful all the way through. The package was really nice and professional, and it was really nice I could get it only a day after it shipped, which would not have been possible with the other stores. I hope I can find someone among my friends who will also be interested in getting a Pandora!

Random first impression - first application I launched (after the QuickStart Guide) was SuperTuxKart. The default controls were awful; we should fix that :p

Next, I had prepared a Micro SD card with all my music on it, so I put it in an SD card adapter and plugged it in as well my ATH-ES7 headphones, then fired up Deadbeef. I've always been impressed by the crisp sound of the ES7's, but never has the audio quality been this good! Awesome!

Really cool that the SD card came preloaded with free games and carefully selected software - he also charged it for me, since we knew the shipping time was going to be very short. It was truly plug-and-play :)

Finally, I'm looking forward to the availability of the TV-Out cable, and I hope it will be stocked in ekianjo's shop; I'd order it right away (maybe other goods too, such as known Pandora-compatible DisplayLink adapters?).

Thanks, ekianjo! :)

Back