Sneak Preview Blog Entry

Game_over

Game Developer
Hi!
I haven't had time to finish the photorealistic rendering yet (and won't have to continue to work on it before Monday). However, I've rendered a sneak preview for you.

Lighting is not set up very well yet and the LEDs are still missing.
Expect more renderings next week, more close-ups, views from other sides, the stylus, etc.

Click on the picture for a larger view.
pandorasneak_thumb.jpg

Also, I just heard that some of our core devs received the WiFi antenna, so they can finish the WiFi driver. As soon as this has happened, everything is set for the mass production of the board!
We're getting closer, guys!

thought someone would have posted by now, if I missed it closed this then.

Preview Render looks good.

The keys look a lot better shiny.

Hopefully we'll see something more physically substantial over the next week or two.

looks the business - i'm liking all these updates as well

we've never had it so good ;-)

Can we assume from this picture that this will be the final keyboard layout for the :pandora1: ?? :eek:

WolfpacK said:
Can we assume from this picture that this will be the final keyboard layout for the :pandora1: ?? :eek:

You can assume anything you like. But please don't let cosurgi see. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yigguth said:
I thought there were 4 LEDs on the left side?
Game_over said:
Lighting is not set up very well yet and the LEDs are still missing.
Expect more renderings next week, more close-ups, views from other sides, the stylus, etc.

oh, please stop torturing us like this! i'll have to stop reading this blog or otherwise i can't stand waiting another second for my own :pandora1: ;)

TaG said:
WolfpacK said:

Did they ever say which one they chose?

No, but they said it would be close to the original. They did mention the possibility of blank keymats.

Chip said:
The keypads will go into mass production in the next week or two at the latest. The keypad layout will be very similar to the one on the original renders. I am told there will only be "minor changes" between the render and the final layout. There may be separate layouts available for the middle east and Asian regions, but all other regions will have the same standard layout for now. It is very likely that alternate keymats (including blank mats) will be made available for a small price at some point in the near future.

If that's as close as possible as what it's going to look like, then I'm more stoked than ever. That keyboard looks ace! :)

TaG said:
Well I too won't comment but hope there will be options to get customised keymats (not just "blank") later on ^^

Lol thanks TaG, just got home when I posted and didn't notice that at all.

Still useful for actual title I guess...

The render's keyboard is consistent with what Craigix already described how it looks, remember that massage remote pic he showed?

Must admit I'm a bit worried by those keys, they look a bit too shiny, like the sort of thing you find on a very cheap mobile phone, but I'm going to try and resist 'reading' too much into renders like this, I'm eager to see a good photograph of the final thing.

®

They're clear plastic. The shinyness comes from the reflections of the case coming off of the keys.

mazza558 said:
The keys look a lot better shiny.
And they look like they want to say "give me all of your fingerprints!" :D

Yigguth said:
I thought there were 4 LEDs on the left side?
I'm sure you've noticed, that the final Pandora will have lightbars left and right, one Cover for all for lights at the left side. ;) I wonder who had this Idea. :)

Shirohagen said:
Must admit I'm a bit worried by those keys, they look a bit too shiny, like the sort of thing you find on a very cheap mobile phone, but I'm going to try and resist 'reading' too much into renders like this, I'm eager to see a good photograph of the final thing.

®
I didn't like the look of the keys i the example they posted a wee while back. They looked shiny and rounded. I really want to see the real keys - I'm hoping they're a lot better than I fear.

Back