Ten Gp32 Games You May Have Missed

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey,

I just finished a small article on ten games for the GP32 i felt weren't given enough exposure during the consoles lifespan. Feel free to check it out here. Feedback is welcomed!

Thanks.

Nice article, I'm surprised how many of those games I missed out on. I hope you guys will continue writing more of these features, they'd be something that stands out from all other news sites.

One small correction: Quiest wrote TMP, not Quasist.

Nova posted on May 19 2009 at 05:46 PM said:
Hey,

I just finished a small article on ten games for the GP32 i felt weren't given enough exposure during the consoles lifespan. Feel free to check it out here. Feedback is welcomed!

Thanks.
It's a nice article, but like all top 10 articles, nobody will agree with your particular pick. I would definitely have included Electronia as I think it's one of the best puzzle games I've played.
Other than that it was a pretty good pick of games. I would love to see some new interest in the gp32. I think it's a great system, as a matter of fact, I'd say it was the best hand held ever (so far). Great screen, great control, used cheap and highly available (at the time) smc cards and one of the best controllers around. The only negative point for me is the unlit screen of the original which was addressed with later units 2 extra buttons would have been nice.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see something about the GP32 again. Perhaps in a few more years, the GP32 will be considered "retro" and a whole bunch of new users will want to admire this excellent little machine.

I wonder how many people still use their GP32?

I forgot how great those games are. Nazca Dreams is awesome--I used to play it all the time. And Lacuna is one of the most addicting games ever.

Gloop is my favourite out of the ones listed. There was also a commercial version called "GloopDX".

My personal favourite homebrew GP32 game is Bolcataxian, which is quite simply the best 2D shooter I've played on any console, period. It won first place in ADIC2004, but unfortunately, JBB stopped working on it because the sponsors of the competition reneged and didn't send him anything. That was a real loss, as it was a really fantastic game with very well-balanced gameplay mechanics, and I would have gladly paid money for it if it were completed.

bolcataxian_01.jpg

wow do I remember some of those. Druken Frogger was sooooo much fun!!!

I still have my gp32......i was going to toss it a few months back when I moved, but I decided against thinking I would play with it one day again.....and its still in the bottom drawer that I stuffed it in when I was unpacking. So I guess I could've tossed it.......but maybe now that I see there are some games I missed, I might dust it off....:)

DSR

Back