Thank you ALL Very Much For Help!!!

Kumaki

Seriously, I'm sorry for being so freaked out earlier, but...it was like...I'm reading the manuals, doing what they say, and not getting the result they say I'd get...it was very frustrating.

The re-boot got the SD card icon up.

THEN...I figured part of my problem was that I named my folder "Pandora" with a capital "P" - it HAS to be with a small "p" they don't tell you that!!

They don't tell you about the re-boot thing, either. Now, as a windows user...I'm used to installing somethng...and it comes right up on the desktop, no re-boot needed.

Anyway, I now have the PNDManager working and that is all kinds of ace for downloading stuff, makes it a LOT easier than the PNDStore.

I have downloaded so far MAME4ALL Beta and FBA.

I have to get the roms on the unit yet, but that will take getting a good card-reader, I HAVE the roms, lol.

I figured out on my own where the roms go on the SD Card...just a matter of looking at the directories.

So that all should work.

Once I get some ROMS anyway.

For shiggles I am now downloading Firefox...so I can browse the web a little bit with this thing, just really want the ability to check my email and stuff on the fly. As the co-owner of my own company, it is very helpful to be able to do this. and the smartphone is not the answer, either.

I'm actually thinking that later on a Kindle Fire would be the right device for that...but, hey, I just want to fool around a bit and see what this thing can do.

Now, I'm also interested in SNES and NES emulation as well as Sega Genesis...and a few others.

Is SNES9X the only SNES emu or are there others?

Is there a wiki page or something which lists all the emulators available so that I know what I'm looking for when I go in through the PNDManager?

Any help much appreciated.

At least I seem to have basically gotten this thing working.

There's just a lot that the manuals don't really tell you, lol.

Thank you again.

One other question...is there a way to move icons around on your desktop?

I'm having the devil's time getting the hang of using those nubs for a mouse, lol. I'm thinking about actually sticking a REAL mouse into the USBport, lol.

I hardly use the mouse to navigate XFCE. I use the Pandora button and the D-Pad and the good old fashioned Enter key to execute stuff.

Glad to see you got things moving along :)

I hardly use the mouse to navigate XFCE. I use the Pandora button and the D-Pad and the good old fashioned Enter key to execute stuff.

Glad to see you got things moving along :)

Nuts, you can DO that?? just hold the Pandora button and use the D-Pad??? See the thing you find out about???I

Have to try that tomorrow. I turned the thing off for tonight, I have to charge it all up real good.

I seem to have gotten things going. at least Firefox works, and it looks like my Emu's should, too, once I get some ROMs in there. For that, I need the card reader, lol.

By the way...when charging...I have a green light when it is charging....when the red light also comes on...this means it is fully charged, yes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... this is weird.

You shouldn't need to reboot the Pandora as well.
Im finding with latest firmware the pandora only loads up half the os then stalls,removing and replacing the battery and the pandora loads up the desktop happens every time only with the new kernel.

Why do you need a cardreader? The Pandora IS a cardreader! You just need to connect it to the pc with an usb minib cable and set the desired card to massstoragemode from the system menu.

Thank you again.

With your stylus, tap the icon you want to move (I.e. it's selected but not opened). Then (this may take a bit of practice), push to the left with your right nub and quickly tap the place on your desktop where you want the icon to move.

Why do you need a cardreader? The Pandora IS a cardreader! You just need to connect it to the pc with an usb minib cable and set the desired card to massstoragemode from the system menu.

I need a card reader because my compy does not recognize the Pandora. I tried that, and it said Found new Hardware USB Mass Storge Device...then says did not install properly and may not work right.

I wans't able to access the sd Card in order to move stuff from my desktop compy to the Pandora's SD Card.

Thank you again.

With your stylus, tap the icon you want to move (I.e. it's selected but not opened). Then (this may take a bit of practice), push to the left with your right nub and quickly tap the place on your desktop where you want the icon to move.

I'll try that.

THEN...I figured part of my problem was that I named my folder "Pandora" with a capital "P" - it HAS to be with a small "p" they don't tell you that!!
They don't tell you that because it isn't true :(

FAT32 is case insensitive, it doesn't matter what you name it. I just tried, first "Pandora" then "PaNdOrA" just to be sure and both times it worked.

They don't tell you about the re-boot thing, either. Now, as a windows user...I'm used to installing somethng...and it comes right up on the desktop, no re-boot needed.
Normally you don't need a re-boot. You should never need a reboot. The fact that the PND didn't come up as soon as it was installed is a bug and should be reported as such, not a complaint that you didn't know you needed to reboot. Something probably happened that prevented it from appearing but it should never be a problem: try installing some more things now that you have PND Manager and see if it happens again.

In the event that it does happen again though, a quicker work around is simply to eject the card and put it back in. Again, you weren't told to do this because you shouldn't have to ever do this, it is supposed to just show up.

Hummm...well that is good to know.

In ether case, I haven't had this problem ever since I installed PNDManager.

And I don't know, maybe caps doesn't matter, and there was a different problem.

At any rate, I got the thing going. I am now going to get some ROMS from my other systems and see if I can make the games I currently have start working.

I need a card reader because my compy does not recognize the Pandora. I tried that, and it said Found new Hardware USB Mass Storge Device...then says did not install properly and may not work right.

I wans't able to access the sd Card in order to move stuff from my desktop compy to the Pandora's SD Card.

This seems the situation when you plug the Pandora WITHOUT the SD mass storage active...

Maybe you don't understand how it works ?

- You have to launch SD-Mass Storage BEFORE PLUGGING the cable in the windows pc.

- After you launch SD Mass Storage, just select the SD, press OK, and LEAVE OPEN the box that tells you "SD Card ... is currently in Mass Storage Mode"

- ONLY NOW you can plug the Pandora

This seems the situation when you plug the Pandora WITHOUT the SD mass storage active...

- You have to launch SD-Mass Storage BEFORE PLUGGING the cable in the windows pc.

- After you launch SD Mass Storage, just select the SD, press OK, and LEAVE OPEN the box that tells you "SD Card ... is currently in Mass Storage Mode"

Do Pandoras behave differently on that regard ? I used the Mass-Storage-Mode a lot in the past on different machines (with different Versions of Windows on it) and never needed to start MS-Mode before plugging the Pandora in

Do Pandoras behave differently on that regard ? I used the Mass-Storage-Mode a lot in the past on different machines (with different Versions of Windows on it) and never needed to start MS-Mode before plugging the Pandora in

In my case, if I plug it in without the mode active, Windows got angry for the drivers, and then if I activate that mode nothing happens... but if I unplug and then plug again, Windows becomes happy to read everything

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it's a difference in Windows versions, possibly even with the USB drivers between different motherboards in the same version of Windows, not differences between Pandoras.

Back