Thank You For The Information!

Hm yes but there is a cover, but fixated with screws? Does not really make a battery change easy.
And that cover will be removed? Then the battery will just fall out?!

craigix said:
final_2.jpg

Final case.
Hmm, it looks great, but I'm not noticing any provision for a lanyard or wrist strap. Probably not necessary, but Metro transit is planning on adding wireless net to all the county buses at some point, and it'd be nice to have that extra insurance for in transit browsing.

I suppose that if I really need it I could do some sort of a mod later on to add the anchor.

EDIT: And thanks for the update, it's nice to have up to date information about what's going on and why the delays. The LCD problem makes a lot more sense now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@lulzfish, Atako
Seems I've started a speculation. Forget what I've said. Let's wait for the FDM, it should make things clearer :)

hedwards said:
Hmm, it looks great, but I'm not noticing any provision for a lanyard or wrist strap. Probably not necessary, but Metro transit is planning on adding wireless net to all the county buses at some point, and it'd be nice to have that extra insurance for in transit browsing.
+1

And thanks for the update
+5 :)

Username said:
So does anyone know where the microphone input is?
I'm pretty shure I read before that it is not a normal stereo plug with 3 but a plug with 4 contacts. so the microphone input is right there :)

Duke_Igthorne said:
I'm pretty shure I read before that it is not a normal stereo plug with 3 but a plug with 4 contacts. so the microphone input is right there :)
Where do I buy the cable with jack that fits it? Or a converter to split. Because I want to use my favorite earphones.

I think MWeston posted about that connector. It's fairly standard for headsets, so adaptors should be available.
Edit:
I'd guess, that normal earphones will work out of the box.

joseluisjazz said:
hedwards said:
+1

yeah, a wriststrap for commuting. +1

There were some discussions about it, but too lazy to search now, I wonder..

cosurgi said:
joseluisjazz said:
hedwards said:
+1

yeah, a wriststrap for commuting. +1

There were some discussions about it, but too lazy to search now, I wonder..
I think craig said every last inch of space is used up inside the case, so there probably wasn't enough room to make a solid and sturdy hole for the wrist/lanyard strap.

MDave said:
I think craig said every last inch of space is used up inside the case, so there probably wasn't enough room to make a solid and sturdy hole for the wrist/lanyard strap.
Hmm, maybe a simple strong thin fishing line will do? It could be knotted below one of the screws. The screw would be screwed a little bit off, but the fishing line shouldn't get cut. Then, to it we can attach the usual lanyard or sth.

cosurgi said:
Duke_Igthorne said:
Where do I buy the cable with jack that fits it? Or a converter to split. Because I want to use my favorite earphones.

I have such a thing for my portable DVD player, except instead of microphone, it has L/R audio and Video out. Same principal though. I'm pretty sure plugging in regular headphones does exactly what you'd expect. It only becomes necessary to use an adapter if you're using an external microphone.
Something like this
Note it has 4 bars instead of the regular 3.
Of course, that's only based on memory. I could be confused and it was actually some other piece of tech I was looking at that used that, I can't recall.

mali said:
Edit:
I'd guess, that normal earphones will work out of the box.
That was definitely said somewhere (although I can't dare remember where the specific post is, right now). ;)

My understanding - which, of course, could well be wrong - is that it can accept both headphones or microphones as-is, but I'm guessing it'll need some sort of adapter in order to use both at once, if that is indeed possible. (To avoid confusion amongst, well, anybody, I stress that this is purely my own understanding of it, gathered from past posts which I can't presently find. :p)

mali said:
And we know, how they managed to fit the bigger battery in there. They got rid of the battery cover. It's also much better for overall stability that way. Not so good for people who carry around a spare battery, though ;)

Edit:
Hmm.. I'm not 100% sure, because there is a thin line visible on the side on the first pic.
I'm pretty sure that they just used a bigger battery cover that goes over the full width of the underside. The Renderer only shows 3 screw holes at the underside of the case (for the case itself, not to hold the battery cover) but the last PCB (red) has 5 holes for the screws, maybe the other 2 screws are also inside the battery bay?

Prometheus said:
My understanding - which, of course, could well be wrong - is that it can accept both headphones or microphones as-is, but I'm guessing it'll need some sort of adapter in order to use both at once, if that is indeed possible. (To avoid confusion amongst, well, anybody, I stress that this is purely my own understanding of it, gathered from past posts which I can't presently find. :p)
If someone finds the info, it would be best to update the FAQ. Maybe it was on the other board, I don't know any more.
@fusion_power
Maybe the screw holes and pins are just missing on the render, or the cover is snap-on now, or it is missing completely. When MWeston posts pics of the bottom part of the FDM case we should know :)

edit: nm.

What are the three circles(Red Circles) and the lines(arrows)?

workmx1.jpg

Yea but I mean the two holes at the battery cover. They are for screws, or for what else?

Atako said:
Yea but I mean the two holes at the battery cover. They are for screws, or for what else?
On the old render, yes.

I understand perfectly the effort of the openpandora team, and I think is a huge effort.
I think the openpandora team are people that have passion doing their work, I appreciate very much that!
I think even the customers of the openpandora are specials, we are a comunity not only waiting for the openpandora but we believe that this effort will open the possibility for others new challenge for produce from the base!
Yes I think this challange is for demostrate that is possibile from the base create interesting things near to the peoples need and not only for the money.

I support the OpenPandora becouse this is one of the few good wave in hardware production from the base, and this will be an example for others.

I'm not only a costumer but i feel more like a supporter, I think inside of many costumers of OpenPandora there is a supporter of this big challange.

big hugs to all

Roberto Innocenti

Seriously? This is the third "I love you guys!" post today. This thoughtless support is starting to get as annoying as the thoughtless conspiracy theorists.

Back