Thanks...

Luna_Lovegod

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is making this wonderful machine, it really makes me excited and happy. Thank You. :)

Senor Quack said:
I'm sure it does, as do bubbles and rainbows and puppies.
Only because you want the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, see puppies as a cheap source of food and want to make a bubble fusion bomb to take over the world! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I should hope so! I mean, don't they - and the Pandora - make everyone happy?

Well, except avid rainbow-puppy haters trapped in plastic bubbles, but they're fairly thin on the ground.

So I'm with Luna, thanks everyone. Now just go make it happen :)

100541690_f1e42867fa_o.jpg

I think the over-enthusiasm for this thing is getting out of hand. It will have faults, it will not be what everyone wanted, and it will not emulate everything straight away and perfect.

I will bet that as soon as it is released, these boards will be full of pople complaining about either the screen, the keyboard, the battery life, the controls or something else being not quite like they had imagined they would be.

Interest in the Pandora is exaggerated on these boards, with a few dozen active posters constantly writing about it while the majority are just interested in the GP2x.

WhizzBang said:
I think the over-enthusiasm for this thing is getting out of hand. It will have faults, it will not be what everyone wanted, and it will not emulate everything straight away and perfect.

I will bet that as soon as it is released, these boards will be full of pople complaining about either the screen, the keyboard, the battery life, the controls or something else being not quite like they had imagined they would be.

Interest in the Pandora is exaggerated on these boards, with a few dozen active posters constantly writing about it while the majority are just interested in the GP2x.
Well the fact that the design, specs and features are being created based on feedback and ideas from members of this forum, of course people are going to be enthusiastic! There is no such thing as any device pleasing everyone, but this has a good chance of pleasing the majority of its intended market given the way it has been designed based on feedback from the same people.

I will personally be happy with accurate emulation of Amiga, SNES, Mega Drive on a larger screen with better controls. Everything else (& there will obvioulsy be lots) is just a bonus to me!

BTW Luna, are you a Thrill Kill Kult fan? (if you are you will recognise the reference to The Reincarnation of Luna, if not just ignore this!)

WhizzBang said:
It'sbeen DaveC approved already! What more could ask for?

Squidge said:
WhizzBang said:
It'sbeen DaveC approved already! What more could ask for?

Epicenter approved?

Nah!

WhizzBang said:

*Ghasp* An unbeliever.....

KILL THE UNBELIEVER!!!!!!1111!!11111 :p

WhizzBang said:

What, huh?

Were you even here when the design was unveiled? Have you seen the discussions and moanings about the keyboard, gaming controls, touchscreen and various other minutae on this board? People have made themselves very strong both negative and positive opinions of a machine that's not even out yet. Also, I'd be very surprised if there aren't at least two dozen active posters in the Pandora forums, probably thirty.

Yeah, some people are overly enthusiastic, but some people are also overly negative. Most of us are fairly level-headed, though, and are just enthusiastic to see where they'll take this machine. If the information we have been given by MWeston, Craig and ED is all correct and the machine is released and works as intended, I think it'll be a great little gadget.

Not that my opinion on gadgets counts, anyway. I'm so non-hardcore that I actually think my 5G iPod is really really neat, AND I'll probably buy another iPod when this one dies on me! Imagine that! I think IPODS are cool! My opinion is hereby void.

sataniC Virus said:
BTW Luna, are you a Thrill Kill Kult fan? (if you are you will recognise the reference to The Reincarnation of Luna, if not just ignore this!)

Luna Lovegood is a character from the Harry Potter series, so I doubt it...
Zarneth said:
*Ghasp* An unbeliever.....

KILL THE UNBELIEVER!!!!!!1111!!11111 :p
Shun him!

SHUUUUUUUUUUN!

WhizzBang said:

I am well aware of the fact that the Pandora will not be exactly what everybody wants, it will undoubtedly have its faults. But from the looks of things, it will be pretty damn close; Much closer than any other device on the market.

I agree that many people have become rather obsessed and have taken a liking to worshipping craigix as if he were some kind of god (which he may very well be; can't ask, PM box is full), but I digress, who wouldn't be excited about what could potentially become the greatest handheld in existence?

Shiny said:
I am well aware of the fact that the Pandora will not be exactly what everybody wants, it will undoubtedly have its faults. But from the looks of things, it will be pretty damn close; Much closer than any other device on the market.

I agree that many people have become rather obsessed and have taken a liking to worshipping craigix as if he were some kind of god (which he may very well be; can't ask, PM box is full), but I digress, who wouldn't be excited about what could potentially become the greatest handheld in existence?
Those who haven't heard of it. Here in Finland when I tell all kinds of friends about pandora they have this great look on their face. That should be pretty normal reaction if you find out that you can watch your anime on this thing without encoding, emulators will be great and you can use it as ultra portable computer.

WhizzBang said:

97333979_cbe2460707_o.jpg

Back