Thanks To All!

MarkoeZ said:
THANKS!!!! Craig and team!!!

been drewling over my keyboard ever since i saw the first article. 1st action on waking up everyday: checking the blog and forums for news (like the bluetooth addition, YAY!!)

Can't wait when my boss walks in for the first time, thinks i'm playing on a ds, get's mad, and then showing him a very complex looking spreadsheet for instance..... that i quickly switched to ofc ;) (how quick would that be possible btw? it's an ideal game camouflage machine but you's have to be able to "alt-tab" quickly)

Cheers!!
Prolly could bind one of the shoulder buttons to that in Linux.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great idea for a post. I'll add my thanks too.

Thanks to the Pandora team, thanks to the developers, thanks to those who write up the news and FAQs in easily-digestible formats (and thanks to anyone I might be forgetting here ;)). :D

And a comment: The Pandora is the pocket computer I always wanted. It was exactly what I dreamed of when I first saw the Psion palmtops way back when, believe it or not. As utterly corny as it sounds, thanks for making a dream come true. :p

True, true, true. I cannot think of a machine that could suit me more than the Pandora -- it's just perfectly designed and has everything I want. So thanks!

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Tinnus said:
Prophet said:
Thanks to Pandora's creators for this project. Pandora is 99.9% the handheld I always wanted since my 1st PocketPC.

Whaaat?? What more could you ask in the other 0.1%??? :ph34r:

Can it make toast?
:)
When it's overclocked to 2Ghz, it can make grilled cheese sandwiches :unsure:.

Dammit.......Oprah moment again....

*Passes tissues

Game_over said:
When it's overclocked to 2Ghz, it can make grilled cheese sandwiches
Actually, it can't. Even if overclocking to 2ghz is possible, the cpu would still barely emanate any heat. :D

Prometheus said:
And a comment: The Pandora is the pocket computer I always wanted. It was exactly what I dreamed of when I first saw the Psion palmtops way back when, believe it or not. As utterly corny as it sounds, thanks for making a dream come true. :p
As one who's made his hobby from raining on other people's parades, I'd like to add this:

A huge part of what made Psions Psions was the software on the system. Both SIBO and EPOC were epochs (see what I did there? Hm? See? Wasn't that clever? Hm?) ahead of the field and the attention to detail Psion put into their keyboard-based UI was truly remarkable. I'm not even mentioning (well, I am really, aren't I?) those little marvels that were Word, Sheet, Agenda and Data; pure genius in a couple of kilobytes.

I agree with you that the Pandora is indeed the spiritual successor (also) to the Psion, but a lot will depend on what's under the hood.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Can it make toast?
:)

If you can find a usb toaster with appropriate drivers...

Karel Jansens said:
Prometheus said:
As one who's made his hobby from raining on other people's parades, I'd like to add this:

A huge part of what made Psions Psions was the software on the system. Both SIBO and EPOC were epochs (see what I did there? Hm? See? Wasn't that clever? Hm?) ahead of the field and the attention to detail Psion put into their keyboard-based UI was truly remarkable. I'm not even mentioning (well, I am really, aren't I?) those little marvels that were Word, Sheet, Agenda and Data; pure genius in a couple of kilobytes.

I agree with you that the Pandora is indeed the spiritual successor (also) to the Psion, but a lot will depend on what's under the hood.

Heheh. I was just saying that I imagined a device like the Pandora when I first took an interest in the Psion hardware many a year ago. I never looked at it in a spiritual successor way (although now you say that, I can sort of see it :p).

Tripmonkey_uk said:
That's so damn cool. If that was real I'd never have to get out of bed again :D
One of these useful devices, combined with any standard toaster eliminates the barrier between you and toastfull mornings.

USB not required.

USB doesn't output enough power for a toaster. In fact, if you have heard of usb chilling devices, for drinks, you might also know that they have severe problems: draw too much power from the PC, causing them to short. This is multiplied by the fact that they condense water inside of them, making it even more likely.

If we can have a USB powered grill then a toaster shouldn't be too out of the question. We'll just rope 30 Pandoras together and use them in tandem.

To stay on topic, my thanks to the team as well. Although I'm not going to have the Internet for the next few months, and will therefore probably miss out on the first wave of hardware, I'm totally behind this project.

From the moment that it was mentioned in #gp2xdev and from the first post about the craiginator in these forums, I've watched, prayed for, and sent any unused mental energy via trance-like devotions to the creators of the Pandora.

Ever since I was a young boy and got my hands on the Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space and read about the BodyComp I've been waiting for the totally portable computing platform. The Pandora is the closest thing to that reality that anyone's ever attempted.

So a massive earth-shatteringly hearty thank you to everyone involved! Craigx, MWeston, EvilDragon, and every developer that's making my childhood dream a reality.

There really is a lot of love going around this toast, err....sorry, i mean post.

Thanks to all the lads who have made this possible!

Thanks to the Pandora team from me also. I really liked this thread because it reminded me of the way things used to be on these boards (even though I only joined in 2006) and how nice and polite everyone was (and to some extent are still)

Back