The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, everyone can do nothing out of fear of death or less severe consequences. We are still going to die.

Who can say that death will teach you nothing? I'm prone to agree, but I also recognize that as hubris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Good point. When I was replying earlier I briefly thought of saying that some people might learn something, even if it won't help much since the wings they put on their arms won't let them fly and land safely after jumping off a building. I don't know what happens after death, so I can't speak on that. Many things that we learn in life have little practical value, so even if what you learn is "that doesn't work" or "glue isn't a good substitute for milk even though they use it in ads" at least you learned something.

So get out there and try something you are curious about, even though someone might think it is stupid, but try not to harm others, or yourself if you are scared. Maybe try a new recipe, or pick up a new instrument instead.

On a side note, I got a flu shot yesterday and my arm hurts. I also have split in one of my fingernails and can't find clippers to cut it back, so it keeps getting caught on things and is uncomfortable. Not doing stupid things can get you hurt or dead.

Sadly, our school systems don't encourage experimentation. You get penalized for mistakes, and you don't get rewarded much if you go outside of the boundaries.

Sadly, our school systems don't encourage experimentation. You get penalized for mistakes, and you don't get rewarded much if you go outside of the boundaries.
Naturally a state of any kind tends to be handled by control freaks on every level, so individualism, creativity and experimentation are out of the question since those aspects are inherently subversive.

Master level education and above does (or at least did 25 years ago).

That never stopped me. Only a few times did it cause me problems. Sometimes it got some looks and questions by teachers and such. Several times it proved beneficial to me (I got to do things I wanted but wouldn't normally have permission to do, or have access/ability to) and the schools/faculty (free work, new things to use, my knowledge/experience). I was also an atypical student, as I spent most of my lunch time and other "free" time in the library or talking to teachers. I also made a lot of extra free time for myself.

Naturally a state of any kind tends to be handled by control freaks on every level, so individualism, creativity and experimentation are out of the question since those aspects are inherently subversive.
Yeah, that hasn't stopped me either. Something I will be doing soon involves something that is illegal. (I was going to try to make use of some legal loopholes, or just contact the police so they can either give me permission or tell me how to avoid breaking the law. In the end I decided the best bet is to just keep my mouth shut and avoid drawing attention. In the extremely unlikely event that cops show up and it makes it to a court I have a couple laws I can point to. I guess it isn't outright illegal, just in a very grey area that isn't on the books.) There are also many insignificant little things that most people don't care about that are technically illegal, and it just comes down to whether those control freaks want to waste their time with it.

There's so many things I would have missed out on if I hadn't indulged my curiosity about things. I wouldn't be half as happy as I am now either.
Strangely, for me it is the things that aren't "stupid" or "weird" that cause me all sorts of problems. Those same things have also had the largest negative impact on my happiness.

I have been watching a squirrel that is messing around with a stump and rootball from a tree that fell down last year. Even after investigating I can't figure out how it is navigating inside it. I have also been considering volunteering to take in an orphan or injured crow (because intelligent), but that was vetoed. While looking into it I found out all sorts of interesting things about the birds, but also about laws related to them (for native ones I would need paperwork giving me legal permission to keep them, but for non-native ones their aren't as many restrictions). I will probably try to feed crows in the area so they hang around my house. These are just a couple recent examples of me being stupid.

On an unrelated topic, one of my cats has an ear hematoma. We are trying to decide if we should try to drain it ourselves or take him to the doctor.

I don't know what happens after death, so I can't speak on that.

I'll have a go. Well I'll state our respective viewpoints on the subject, which not having died yet is the most we can do.

My viewpoint is when you die then that's that no more you.
Lady M's viewpoint is that she doesn't know what will happen, but whatever happens she hopes we don't get separated.

I'll have a go. Well I'll state our respective viewpoints on the subject, which not having died yet is the most we can do.

My viewpoint is when you die then that's that no more you.
Lady M's viewpoint is that she doesn't know what will happen, but whatever happens she hopes we don't get separated.
e=mc2. We are born from energy, and release energy when we die, in a cycle that has no comprehensible beginning or end.

As long as the laws of the conservation of energy are correct, at least.

Death = Non-Existence
Humans fear a true and utter end so make up stuff to compensate.

You get recycled into other parts of the ecosystem and that's it.

e=mc2. We are born from energy, and release energy when we die, in a cycle that has no comprehensible beginning or end.

Oh, and of course, we exude a mental/emotional/intellectual energy, that may or may be passed on through individuals with whom there may have once been a connection.

Other than that. Nothing.

Matter of fact.. they are not. Nature contiously creates matter, and that 'borrowed' matter can last only for very short timespans... but it does happen...

tumblr_mw9qqzVsoG1s96m7lo1_1280.jpg

Reminds me of the morbid expression "treat each day like it's your last", which supposedly is meant to encourage you to go and do things you would like to, but likely won't get around to... The pictures it conjures in my head are rather different though.
I can relate to that. :D
I'd probably do stupid shit where it's actually good that there's no tomorrow anyway. ;)

C6qctQPWwAAuL5C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back