The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're getting old when all nighters knock you for six. It's been over 24hrs since my last one and I still feel meh.

Stuff I was up to: Finishing the career mode in Farm Mechanic Simulator 2015, watching YouTube videos and finally getting round to installing Dolphin on my laptop and replaying some Luigi's Mansion.

Here's a how is he still alive story from my younger days. Back when I was a teenager I purchased a copy of Final Fantasy VII for my PC, I then proceeded to play it for 14hrs straight and lost all feeling in my legs.

Here's a how is he still alive story from my younger days. Back when I was a teenager I purchased a copy of Final Fantasy VII for my PC, I then proceeded to play it for 14hrs straight and lost all feeling in my legs.
As an old Evercrack survivor, your 14hrs is less than impressive ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I do enjoy open worlds and things like that, so for me some of the science fiction themed ones are fun. I can't really get into them like some people do because I either get bored grinding or feel that there are better or more entertaining things I could spend my time on. Sometimes I then go outside and wander around and explore and get into fights and stuff.

@Uncle Jack you're not alone with this one. for me, it's other players breaking my immersion. nothing worse than chilling in a magic forest enjoying the scenery and then some dude appears yelling random slang words that make no sense to you (i think they wanted a healer or something, i don't know, i just logged off because wtf?).

First thing I'd stop people from doing in my MMO world is bunny hopping. Make jumping a skill only available 3 times a day. Or maybe your chara falls flat on their nose once you jump at some minimum frequency. Or the demons of vertical movement spirit you away to a random spot on the map because you challenged their patience. There's ways...

First thing I'd stop people from doing in my MMO world is bunny hopping. Make jumping a skill only available 3 times a day. Or maybe your chara falls flat on their nose once you jump at some minimum frequency. Or the demons of vertical movement spirit you away to a random spot on the map because you challenged their patience. There's ways...
I also hate that in FPS and it completely ruins Xonotic's multiplayer for me.
Imagine some infantry war on trampolines.... no thanks.

if i ever make a multiplayer game with jumping in it, you'll get eaten by a giant mole with razor teeth when you land after your third jump in a row :3 and of course there'll be a monster encyclopedia with an entry that warns you about those noise-tracking predators :D

if i ever make a multiplayer game with jumping in it, you'll get eaten by a giant mole with razor teeth when you land after your third jump in a row :3 and of course there'll be a monster encyclopedia with an entry that warns you about those noise-tracking predators :D
dune-Shai-Hulud-vers-des-sables.jpg

Bless the coming and going of him, may his passing cleanse the world!

@kuru & @jeeks : Why bother ? Just make jumping an exhausting action, just like sprinting. Then people will be forced to keep it for absolute necessity.
Off-Topic : is it me or the Caring Corner is no longer pinned ? Since when and for which reasons (even if I have an idea) ?

Woke up this morning with a pain in my neck. I'm guessing it's something to do with a muscle, because it's only painful when I turn my head and I can feel the muscle expanding and contracting.

Woke up this morning with a pain in my neck. I'm guessing it's something to do with a muscle, because it's only painful when I turn my head and I can feel the muscle expanding and contracting.

I have this often, also starting after sleep. this helps me every time:
Put it on two time very hot, half an hour.

Last edited:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.de/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.de/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

"However, I could no longer rely on genuine emotion to generate facial expressions, and when you have to spend every social interaction consciously manipulating your face into shapes that are only approximately the right ones, alienating people is inevitable."
That's why you should have 1 default expression that doesn't take any effort or thought... something like a contented detached amusement (that's me!)

Works in almost any situation...

But I'm not depressed. I also haven't read the article. ..

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.de/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.de/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

"However, I could no longer rely on genuine emotion to generate facial expressions, and when you have to spend every social interaction consciously manipulating your face into shapes that are only approximately the right ones, alienating people is inevitable."
The quote strongly sounds like Asperger's Syndrome.
Of course aspies usually get depression in current society, so there's that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back