The Cases And The Boards

gibberish

Simple questions here.

1. When are the boards arriving at Craigs house and how come they're not already there?

2. What is this waffle about a new machine for the cases? How many more weeks worth of prototypes and samples are we going to get before they think about mass producing some bloody cases like they were supposed to have done almost 6 months ago?

The wifi issue has distracted everyone from the fact that assembly is supposed to start TOMORROW. How can it when there is nothing to assemble?

I completely agree... I also cannot understand how a revision of a Hardware (in this case the boards) can be considered as final when there is no actual proof that one of it's main components is functioning... I won't take the dongle, I will cancel as soon as the problem with the Wifi is confirmed to be a hardware fault...

In any case I have few hopes to get my Pandora before July and that's my personal deadline...

I also think, that this "new machine" is just a reason to push everything a few days back again.
WHY WHY WHY is nothing really working? Why is the SDIO issue not figured out on the first boards with the wlan-chip attached?

I was really very patient over the last year, but now I got exited over production starting tomorrow and again, something is wrong with the cases, wifi might be a hardwarebug...
It is all so sad.

Sorry, don't get me wrong, I will wait till it is here, but I get a little nervous right now...

gibberish said:
The wifi issue has distracted everyone from the fact that assembly is supposed to start TOMORROW. How can it when there is nothing to assemble?

I disagree. I think many of us have noticed that it is highly unlikely that assembly will start the day after tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
B0002MB7QW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Attachments

• B0002MB7QW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 107
mali said:

LOL. Was I to subtle? (not a charge usually levelled at me).

Attachments

50.7 KB · Views: 95
It's the boards that concern me, surely they should have arrived in the UK by now, what with the 'buffer' being nearly full.

When things go suspiciously quiet then it usually means more delay, hope that's not the case, but past form makes me a little concerned.

Monk said:
gibberish said:

I disagree. I think many of us have noticed that it is highly unlikely that assembly will start the day after tomorrow.

No shit. What i'm asking is WHY has it come to this yet again? Why in gods name have the chinese firm been allowed to further delay our cases with some BS about a "newer and better" machine. It's stalling tactics, AGAIN! Can't the OP team see it?
The boards too, what's the excuse for these not having arrived in the UK yet? They dont want to ship them until they're sure about the wifi issue? So what, it turns out to be hardware and we're back to square one? Waiting another 6 months for a revision?

Accept the flaws in the case and accept that a dongle might be necessary for wifi. Just build the bloody things!

mali said:

Has anyone else noticed how big the statue of liberty looks in most movies. Eg, X-men (forget which one), The day after tomorrow.. even GTA4.

THE STATUE ISN'T THAT BIG, GET OVER IT AMERICA!

Attachments

50.7 KB · Views: 106
I hate to say it, as I've been as loyal as they can get, but it does really start to look like we've gotten another major glitch with the production line and the team is using the wifi issue as a scapegoat.

Maybe the boards have shipped but are being held by customs until Craig comes up with the cash to pay duty fees, or something? Maybe there is something else business-related that is causing the delay .. non-paid accounts, or something?

It just really doesn't make sense that this close to "The Week Of Assembly" there is a show-stopper problem suddenly popping up. We've known about poor Wifi for months .. why is it suddenly such an issue? Is it because the team don't want to have to deal with 3000 boards with a hardware bug, given that they're not making any money on this project yet? If so, I can understand that .. but with the current situation, pre-paid orders long since received in OP, Inc.'s account ledger, I would hope that there has been some sense with regards to finances.

Craig, please explain the situation? We developers, and loyal devotees to the Pandora cause, really need to know the *truth*. Whats going on?

Has anyone else noticed how big the statue of liberty looks in most movies. Eg, X-men (forget which one), The day after tomorrow.. even GTA4.

THE STATUE ISN'T THAT BIG, GET OVER IT AMERICA!

Yes, it is WAY out of proportion!

Also back on subject, ok i know there have been set backs but give the guys some slak, what they are doing is crazy.....
although i must admit i hope that the wifi issue isn't a hardware thing(NOT USING A **** DONGLE)...i might just wait for the second batch
ANd yes i'm also annoyed that the production hasn't started yet but, WHAT CAN THEY DO....GO KICK SOME PEOPLES BUTTS...but what will that do apart from annoying them and probably make them make more lies that will slow the process down MORE???

Thankyou torpor for at least attempting to bring the thread back on topic. (ahem mali ahem monk). The 'scapegoat' scenario had crossed my mind too. I just want a straight answer for a change and it seems i'm not alone here.

Anyway, I say its..

Time for hurt and heal!

MWeston 15 points
Craigix 15 points
EvilDragon 15 points
Fatih 15 points
The Chinese factory 15 points
Squidge 15 points
Pickle 15 points
Notaz 15 points
Sheezix 15 points
Vimacs 15 points
DaveC 15 points
DJWillis 15 points

Decided to put in some Devs for entertainment purposes.
You know the rules, hurt and heal 3 points from any 2 characters?

I'll go first.

Heal ED
Hurt TCF

EvilDragon 18 pts +3
MWeston 15 pts
Craigix 15 pts
Fatih 15 pts
Squidge 15 pts
Pickle 15 pts
Notaz 15 pts
Sheezix 15 pts
Vimacs 15 pts
DaveC 15 pts
DJWillis 15 pts
The Chinese factory 12 pts -3

i was reading all this last nite but already feel i might have missed something ?

as far as i know the cases are much better now with the new machine and we are waiting
on new pictures, this only pushes the cases out by 2/3 days ,cases should be delivered
latest nxt monday ,am i right ?

the other problem is the wifi chip but really it should be ignored for now in favour
of mass production for first 1000 with dongle and the last 3000 will not be released
untill wifi is working or a hardware revision is done.

also we should recieve a major update today in regards to the first 1000 and
mabe also all get emails asking who wants to be in the first 1000 ?

have i got this all right ?

can i just say ,i think this all sounds like a good idea but i have been here for over 2 years now and tho i was one of the first to preorder ,i didn't reorder when we were all promted to ,i however did reorder with my original
IBAN at the begining of this year ,quite frankly i will be at the end of the que but i am not really happy to wait any longer ,i want to be in the first 1000 or i might
close the page on this ,i know how much i want a pandora but i don't want to wait any longer, i wouldn't have minded if there was no stop gap between the first 1000 ands the rest but now we are looking at a few more months untill wifi
is fixed ,or even worst a hardware revision.

i typed this at the speed of light so ignore the errors.

this sux

The only little bitches here are the ones that lie down and take whatever bullshit half information they're given and refuse to see a negative side even when it's staring them in the face. To the rational minded human, this project looks to be in some seriously hot water at the moment and it isnt too much to ask for a thorough and truthful explanation.

paddy said:
as far as i know the cases are much better now with the new machine and we are waiting
on new pictures, this only pushes the cases out by 2/3 days ,cases should be delivered
latest nxt monday ,am i right ?

Not quite. It's not that the cases _are_ much better, but just that the chineses claim them to be much better. We have seen what their claims are worth. Also it's not just 2/3 days, the cases were supposed to be ready on the 23th, next monday it's the 5th, that's two weeks. Additionally, they asked for two days to do this testing with the new machine on the 25th, now we have the 30th and still no pictures, so they'll most probably not be ready next monday even if they really had planned to do so.

Back