The Chinese Saga...

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
I'm hoping this will be the last thread regarding packaging/shipping the first round of cases (not the entire 4000 or 10000). Obviously we don't know if these new cases are what we want, but hopefully they've got it as close to right as they can this time and we can assemble the machines and put them in peoples hands.

So I guess I'll yield the floor to somebody that has a clue.

Peace & coal hits,

Link

This is the best info we have right now:

"Well, according to the companies, everything will ship at the end of this week. If this is true, assembly begins next week." (ED)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52865-talks-from-a-assembly-company/page__p__836780&#entry836780

"Looks like the Pandora parts will be arriving next week for sure." (Craig)

http://twitter.com/Craigix/status/11767306407

Taken from the megasource: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51819-quotes-thread-for-the-blog

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that it stands true..

I hope the Chinese factory ships right away (or already has).

I for one hope there are no more delays.. I'd love to see some created and being shipped (then mine!!).

I would actually like to take bets on delays. Something fun on the side. What's the cause and how long... Along those lines!

So I decided to check back on the boards now that the deadline for starting the assembly "in beginning of April" is a cozy one week overdue, and what do I find?

The Fucking Chinese still keeping the cases hostage.

Let's check the official blog... Wait, what is this?

EvilDragon said:
Since board production had been stopped for a while, we allowed the Chinese guys to tweak the case moulds a bit more.

I... No... Please... My medication... can't reach... too weak...

fiori_musicali said:
So I decided to check back on the boards now that the deadline for starting the assembly "in beginning of April" is a cozy one week overdue, and what do I find?

The Fucking Chinese still keeping the cases hostage.

Let's check the official blog... Wait, what is this?

EvilDragon said:
Since board production had been stopped for a while, we allowed the Chinese guys to tweak the case moulds a bit more.

I... No... Please... My medication... can't reach... too weak...

well It does a good ending.. but your prob better off taking the "blue pill"

"Looks like the Pandora parts will be arriving next week for sure." For those who don't speak english I'll translate "Looks like some of the Pandora parts will be arriving next week maybe for sure.", lol :rolleyes:

So the OP Team still doesn't have the right "motivation" methods to kick the chinese asses a little bit harder? :lol:
Because it sounds like there is not an real proof that 1000 Cases already made and ready to ship. I really hope they did it but the past teached us, that yo can't trust them. I don't know why but the chinese Company don't want to finish the job as fast as possible. Maybe they like the cases and don't give them away, maybe they need more time to pirate the design for ohter cheap China-clones for the Pandora ( ;) )
Well, I with good luck, that this is the final date for shiping...at least for the first 1K Cases. Nobody knows how long they will need for the rest of 9K cases.

fusion_power said:
So the OP Team still doesn't have the right "motivation" methods to kick the chinese asses a little bit harder? :lol:
Because it sounds like there is not an real proof that 1000 Cases already made and ready to ship. I really hope they did it but the past teached us, that yo can't trust them. I don't know why but the chinese Company don't want to finish the job as fast as possible. Maybe they like the cases and don't give them away, maybe they need more time to pirate the design for ohter cheap China-clones for the Pandora ( ;) )
Well, I with good luck, that this is the final date for shiping...at least for the first 1K Cases. Nobody knows how long they will need for the rest of 9K cases.

At this point we can't really blame the mould company too much anymore - the way I read what ED had to say is that the OpenPandora team is at fault at this point for explicitly telling the company to take more time. Given how slow they are to get anything done and how often they miss deadlines I still am having trouble wrapping my head around that one.

@^
The way I understand it was the cases where not delayed by the mould factory, but by the team. They had the WiFi problem, and decided to hold off on shipping the cases as there was no need since they didn't know how long that problem would take to fix. The mould factory also had a new machine that could improve quality, so during the holding period, they made new cases with there new equipment.

Now the team has told the mould/board factories to ship ASAP. Could the mould factory come up with more excuses later this week, "Count On It"! I'll be plesently suprised if the team has shipping info this weekend, but I'm not putting any stock in that taking place. It would be great though. That would mean assembly could start within the next 1-2 weeks! ;)

Chris

These cases are going to be the death of me.

Vlynndar said:
Exophase said:
The case is a lie.

Hey, Mali, this is a reliable source. Add a "Confirmed:" tag and put it in the quotes thread.

:lol:
Phew, I've recovered now. The problem was more, that Exo's incredible pun caused a light apoplexic stroke or something similar, dunno... I have to lie down again.

Really hope the cases arrive at the end of the week.With the time the chinese have had,they could have painted
the cistine chapel by now.Heres hoping for a masterpiece when the cases arrive.

Or at least something that people arent going to continue to moan about. Unfortunatly short of an iphone shell I doubt everyone will be happy regardless of how much tweaking time the team has given the factory.

Alpha2 said:
Or at least something that people arent going to continue to moan about. Unfortunatly short of an iphone shell I doubt everyone will be happy regardless of how much tweaking time the team has given the factory.
Yeah,i dont expect perfection,was just kiddin about a masterpiece.Im sure they will be fine.People will get used to it,if its not perfect.Besides nobodys perfect.Not even our beloved pandy

Did everyone forget that the cases were delayed by OP for the reason that the case company got hold of a new machine and that it was said there would be very good improvments with the new machine,this was also followed by MWeston requesting the cases get fixed as he was not happy with the pictures from nearly two weeks ago so the company got more time to fix these issues.

(Ed - blog quote)

Since board production had been stopped for a while, we allowed the Chinese guys to tweak the case moulds a bit more. As you might have seen on the latest image, the bottom part (with the keyboard) looks spot-on right now - however, the top part still has some weird discoloration. No problem with stability here, just looks a bit weird if you look closely.

Back