The emulation scene seams to have hit a rut?

CAZMIESTER

Is it just me or has the emulation scene hit a rough patch ? doesnt seme to be much getting released on any format at the moment on top of that psn and now dcemu are hit by hackers such a shame if this scene starts to grind to a halt as i love retro very much.

On a higher note check out slayradio for some uplifting retro tunes 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is just you.

There is only so much retro-emulation to go around. That and the fact that there were many crap games made on those older systems. These systems might be too difficult to debug for proper emulation, let alone have enough games/ROMS worth playing.

For example,,... how many good games would you say the cd-i, 3do, pippin or gizmondo had?? Even the Jaguar had limited good games.

I don't know maybe they would be worth emulating for the sake of being able too. Unless it has been done already and i am not aware :eek:

Last edited:

There is only so much retro-emulation to go around. That and the fact that there were many crap games made on those older systems. These systems might be too difficult to debug for proper emulation, let alone have enough games/ROMS worth playing.

For example,,... how many good games would you say the cd-i, 3do, pippin or gizmondo had?? Even the Jaguar had limited good games.

I don't know maybe they would be worth emulating for the sake of being able too. Unless it has been done already and i am not aware :eek:
yeah i hear you m8 but we'll never be near the explosion that the psp got 06/07 which in the pandoras case is a damn shame as i reckon with a bit of love this system could(and should )outshine all that has went before it sick of hearing about iphone getting good new releases like a new dodonpachi and fast striker would kill for a new mame build just now.

Last edited by a moderator:
these so called hacks are no problem, theyre going all around the internet hitting like every gaming forum, nothing was stolen, nothing was damaged, they'll be back up within a day, many already are, and no, those two you mentioned arent even close to being the only ones that were attacked, but as mentioned, it was no biggie, somebody just being an ass

I used to see a lot of people claim the PSP scene was dead after Sony released the first hardware revision. The scene didn't really even explode until after that.

The same thing will happen with the Pandora. It's just building up steam at the moment.

yeah i hear you m8 but we'll never be near the explosion that the psp got 06/07 which in the pandoras case is a damn shame as i reckon with a bit of love this system could(and should )outshine all that has went before it sick of hearing about iphone getting good new releases like a new dodonpachi and fast striker would kill for a new mame build just now.
Yes but i also think the Pandora got out of the starting gate much later than anticipated and much has happened in 3 years [or since it was conceived].

Last edited:
Also note ..

Traditioanlly around these parts, there is a summer rut -- even CRT-tanned coders go out to enjoy the sun in summer ;)

The emu scene has been around for decades, and is not restricted to dcemu or here ;) If there was a total flameout here, it wouldn't slow the emu scene down one bit.

I released my first emu around like 1993 IIRC :p

jeff

Traditioanlly around these parts, there is a summer rut -- even CRT-tanned coders go out to enjoy the sun in summer ;)
This is something I use my Pandora for: Going out into the sun. :)

It's nice to lay in the sun and think about some programming problem or something. Or write poems, I had to write one for school lately and it was surprisingly fun. Clearly a good way to spend an hour or two.

What more do you want? I don't think there is a portable system on earth which can emulate more than the Pandora and has equal controls.

If you're looking for Dreamcast, DS ect emulation then you're going to have to wait for a Pandora2 I suspect, but that's part of the long term goals.

Craig -- yeah, we do have the bases covered pretty well ;)

Buddy of mine wrote a haiku generator - in under an hour. (It pulls junk out of IRC logs, and uses a rhyming dictionairy to estiamte the syllable count, and poof. Freaky thing is, its not half bad :p )

Just told it to spit two out:

for people to the / state until banking cartels / are willing to host

unmitigated / hostility, infighting, / and nepotism.

All my childhood games / Wrapped up in a single box / Lovely Pandora

What more do you want? I don't think there is a portable system on earth which can emulate more than the Pandora and has equal controls.

If you're looking for Dreamcast, DS ect emulation then you're going to have to wait for a Pandora2 I suspect, but that's part of the long term goals.
Nobody is complaining [at least i am not].

Worst case scenario is if you take any rom from any other emulator machine out there, it will look and sound better on the Pandora.

Just the screen and sound alone suffice.

Last edited:

Nobody is complaining [at least i am not].

Worst case scenario is if you take any rom from any other emulator machine out there, it will look and sound better on the Pandora.

Just the screen and sound alone suffice.
Well said m8 this was not a critisism of the pandora its a coment on emulation in general and seeing as the lower end systems are all emulated its too be expected.

Ive got a good reason being drunk inverness just shagged celtic wehey.
Reminds me of a sport head line... Super Cal go balistic Celtic were atrocious.

You might be glad to hear I have a soft spot for ICT.

Sorry, off topic...err...yes! I agree with Skeezix...It's summer...almost...in the northern hemisphere.

it will look and sound better on the Pandora.
Yeah, I agree. I've found Pandora to be the cream of the crop when it comes to emulation, overall quality.
Yeah i know what you mean screen quality is quite a jump from the dingoo and caanoo case in question look at space harrier on the caanoo lookat the ground the pandora is way beter, this subject as a whole was actually refering to emulation as a whole not just the pandora just wish mame 106 could be optimised would like to see dragon blaze work and taito f3 hardware fullspeed rayforce on the go theres a thought.

Back