The Gp32 Is As Double As Popular As The Ds!!!

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Website
Visit site
Hey, look at the poll on the home site of Link Removed 3269 People voted for the GP32, that´s as double as the votes for the Nintendo DS !!!! Looks as if in this gray times of Nintendo domination there is a bright spark of hope for GamePark and the GP32 fans. B)

[Mod - Sorry, had links to non-PD GBA Roms.]

its link removed and also generalnmx must be terminated for moderating posts not gpx

but can i say gbx on public tv?

I am not saying a link but am sure I can say gbx. :ph34r:

Considering that it's an emu based site, it's really not all that surprising. The DS will be great no doubt about it, but it won't have the capability to play emulators out of the box like the GP32. Mind you, that doesn't explain why the Zodiac got so few votes in comparison...

...maybe one guy voted about 5000 times? :blink:

I have to agree with mattmagoo. At this moment the only peeps that have played the ds are peeps that are in the games industry. But when it comes out, im sure that poll will change around. With games like viewtiful joe and goldeneye( please let it be the N64 version) on the starting line up the poll will definetily swing into ninty's favour.

I didn't even think there were that many GP32 owners ;) Must have been rabid Koreans. That said, this board has 3865 members!

Ganepark32 posted on Aug 30 2004 at 01:09 PM said:
I have to agree with mattmagoo. At this moment the only peeps that have played the ds are peeps that are in the games industry.

Even if that were true the figures still wouldn't make any sense. The GP32 (3268) gets around twice as many votes as the DS (1518), yet the Zodiac which is also freely available only gets 79? Tell me somethint strange isn't going on there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they have. And when u take into account the people from the spanish,italian and portuguese board u get a whole load of people with gp32's. I think i was fixed so that when u voted for something u voted for something else.

I am more surprised at the number of people that voted. It's really rather silly to compare technology that isn't on the market to ones that are. That's like making this poll:

Windows 2000
Windows XP
Windows 2005

Where 2005 might be cooler, we don't know anything about it, so why would people vote for it? (Sorry to use Windows as an example, but its the only thing that popped to mind that can change drastically with each year)

mattmagoo posted on Aug 30 2004 at 04:11 PM said:
i remember reading sumwhere that gamepark had sold over 20,000 units
No way. That would assume nearly 1 in 8 GP32 owners visited that rom site and voted for GP32 ;) I can't see the link, but I don't assume it's a big popular rom site, and even if it was 1 in 8 members voting is a little far-fetched. There must be far more than 20,000 sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back