The magnificent seven

Am I the only one thinking that black, white and clear are not colours? They'd all likely be good, but...

Thinking about it, I'm really starting to like the dark red.

It's the one that proudly stands out, not caring that it might be surrounded by dangerous and powerful, yet more conventionally attired devices, proclaiming: "I swear to you, that those who would harm us will die screaming"

Or something...

Thank god they're not colors. The original cyan iMac was super popular... about 15 years ago. I'm happy if ED can do a color or two for people who want it, but to not have a neutral option like black white or clear seems insane to me.

I would think black white and clear would appeal to me the most. I'd have a hard time choosing between black and clear, and white would look nice so long as I could keep it clean. It's debatable if they are colors though...

As long as the white is not white-white but slightly creamy...
white-white will look too much like an apple device and I dislike apple.

Blake's 7
:p&|a::p&|a: :p&|a::p&|a::p&|a::p&|a::p&|a:

thinking about it.... with a clear case and all those led's the Pyra does look a bit like ORAC.... lol

That... didn't end well.
Speaking of which has anyone made a pyra emotion? No??
Well then:
pyraemote.png

Or clear because that is the only case colour that matters and everything else is merely a passing shadow upon this plain of existence.
Shadow sounds like a good color. I imagine it is a grey/black translucent. I would probably be fine with that. Or clear, dark grey, or dark red. I just don't want dark grey to basically mean black.

Yes, something not exactly white. Like many old computers. ;)

There is nothing subjective about keyboard design, logo design I'd give you.
Case colour has direct impact on heat dissipation in sunlight.
I agree with you on the keyboard, and sorta agree about the logo since it will have such a small market that even without a logo it would probably sell the same quantity.

What I want to know is if clear would work for you, or if you need white. Remember, you can paint the clear white, or even use that reflective stuff (not sure how well it works on plastic). I don't have anything to back this up, but I think the type of plastic used would matter more than the color.

@rygD : If i can get clear, i will get that and paint just the inside. Black with maybe some parts non-metallic paint.

Then you could brush down the outside for a matte finish long term.

Or you could mask off some parts of the inside and brush that. Or after you painted it.

white-white will look too much like an apple device and I dislike apple.

Blake's 7
:p&|a::p&|a: :p&|a::p&|a::p&|a::p&|a::p&|a:

I disagree. The Pyra looks nothing like an iDevice.
It'd probably look sexy in just plain white (but cream isn't white unless you're talking about colour temperature variance -- I think you mean pearl white?).

Paint the case from inside is a no/no. And paint it from outside is going to give terrible results (also with the same issues as painting it from inside).

Indeed, both seem to work fine, with the big down side of painting the outside being the additional wear to the paint. If these are no-nos someone should inform the many manufacturers of painted things that are still going strong after a century or two. I do like the way DeLoreans look, though.

• Roll the LCD Cable and put it through the lower lid part.
  • Put the hinge part into the keyboard part.
  • Slide the LCD Cable through the keyboard lid and put the lid part into the keyboard part.
  • Lock the hinge. Then you have the keyboard part and the lid part fully assembled including the rolled LCD cable.
  • Put in the speakers, sealing, nub discs and keymat.
  • Put in the PCB, connect the LCD Cable.
  • Put the stylus holder and the shoulder buttons into the bottom part.
  • Put the aluminium plate (for cooling) onto the PCB.
  • Assemble the bottom part with the keyboard part, screw it together, insert stylus.
  • Assemble the LCD with the Display board (two plugs, one for the LCD, one the the touchscreen)
  • Connect the display board to the LCD Cable.
  • Put the LCD + Displayboard into the lid, put the frame on top. Screw it on.
That's it :)

About the aluminum pieces...

The above seems to be missing the LCD lid logo (clear) piece and the LCD lid logo surround (aluminum?) piece. Is the plan to have Form Action apply these to the case lids prior to shipping? I understand that these are combined with adhesive - assuming that is pre-applied to the back of the aluminum surround? What is the thickness of the aluminum used for the surround? There was some chatter a while back about some of the more artistically inclined (@FaeMinx?) maybe making some custom decorated logo surrounds. Would you be able/willing to sell/provide a few dozen non-applied aluminum surrounds to that kind of effort?

Put the aluminium plate (for cooling) onto the PCB.

I don't think that any of us have ever seen this heat sink/spreader. It wasn't in the assembly video. I'm curious about it - others likely are as well. When or if you have time, a brief blurb and a picture of this solution would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Back