The McDonald's guy recognized my Pandora!

agwellin

Still Fresh
I was on my lunch break from my job at Walmart, and the drive-through guy at McDonald's recognized the little computer I was using to play MP3's. He said he heard about it online.

The conclusion I've drawn from this? Working-class chubby bespectacled American boys love Ashens!

Ha. I had some kid in the DMV suddenly appear next to me, looking over my shoulder all fascinated by the Pandora. He wanted to know where he could buy one. I had to let him down gently that he wouldn't be getting one anytime soon (this was before the Premiums were offered).

Ha. I had some kid in the DMV suddenly appear next to me, looking over my shoulder all fascinated by the Pandora. He wanted to know where he could buy one. I had to let him down gently that he wouldn't be getting one anytime soon (this was before the Premiums were offered).

That's awesome. In two weeks with my Pandora I convinced two family members to start saving up to buy one. They're new to the emulation scene but with the promise from me to get their SD cards setup right they are beyond excited. I would almost say the Pandora is my religion now. Go forth and emulate my son!

Last edited by a moderator:
I attend an institute of technology, so of course when I bring up the Pandora, people will occasionally know what I'm talking about. I actually referred a guy in one of my liberal arts classes to the iControlPad (he had an iPhone). He seemed really interested, but I've never been really good at picking up social cues in the real world, so he may have just been being polite so as not to point out my pseudo-autistic ramblings... :D

I have a hard time believing I'm the only one at the Institute who's got a Pandora on order (maybe the only one with one that was SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!! [upgraded, yeah, I know I'm lame]). I'm sure there's at least one more. Any lurkers from RIT? Show yourself (not like that)! :p

sorry i totally skipped that part, i'm slow today, forgive

let us know your thoughts, welcome aboard.

I started a blog where I'll be doing a rolling review and "Pandora journal". I'll throw a link up here when I receive the Pandora; until then I'm using it as an outlet for my excited semi-autistic babbling.

I was on my lunch break from my job at Walmart, and the drive-through guy at McDonald's recognized the little computer I was using to play MP3's. He said he heard about it online.

The conclusion I've drawn from this? Working-class chubby bespectacled American boys love Ashens!
You should have asked him for free food.

I attend an institute of technology, so of course when I bring up the Pandora, people will occasionally know what I'm talking about. I actually referred a guy in one of my liberal arts classes to the iControlPad (he had an iPhone). He seemed really interested, but I've never been really good at picking up social cues in the real world, so he may have just been being polite so as not to point out my pseudo-autistic ramblings... :D

I have a hard time believing I'm the only one at the Institute who's got a Pandora on order (maybe the only one with one that was SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!! [upgraded, yeah, I know I'm lame]). I'm sure there's at least one more. Any lurkers from RIT? Show yourself (not like that)! :p

It is not lame to upgrade, Craig and co need to eat.

It is not lame to upgrade, Craig and co need to eat.

Well the thing is, for me it still feels like I waited for my pre-order, because it was a surprise to me (a gift for a good quarter at the Institute). So I'm all excited and from others' perspectives I probably shouldn't be because I didn't really wait.

I feel dirty, honestly. :/ I'm trying my best not to shove it in people's faces. It's why I've not started a topic about it. I'm just so happy!

Aqua, since everybody has the option to upgrade, feel free to shove your Pandora in people's faces as much as you want.

It's amazing how easily I can hijack a thread. I must remember to use my powers for good, not evil. >.<

toomanyhappymealsthumbfo6.jpg

Back