The Minigame Project V1.5f

Quiest

I like turtles!
I thought, it was about time to release a new version :D
And here it is, version 1.5f of The Minigame Project!

These are the four new minigames:

+Fruity Guy
fguy1.jpg
fguy2.jpg

Thanks alot to Rik for making the sprites :) You`re great!

+Cannonball Paddler
paddler1.jpg
paddler2.jpg

+Space Ball
sball1.jpg
sball2.jpg

+Bubbles32
bubbles1.jpg
bubbles2.jpg

***!ATTENTION!***
If you want to keep your highscores from last version, don`t
delete the files profiles.dat and scores.dat!
***!ATTENTION!***

CHANGES since the last version:

Overall:
-New icon for the fxe
-Changed splash screen
-Added pause function to all minigames, except for Tunnel (because it is not made by me) and Target Slide (doesn`t need to pause)

Menu:
-Changed background
-Rearranged the menu pictures, so no empty pics get showed
-Autosave option: There is an option to turn autosave on/off to save writecycles of your smc.
-Manual saving: Press START at the menu to save all new scores if you have the autosave option switched to "off".
-New icon for Marios Combo Bounce.

Bloody Bumblebee:
-Spike Indikator: There is now a little arrow that shows where a spike will pop out.

Mini Slug:
-Balance change: Time bonus changed again to appear more often...
-Changed background music because the file was to big.

Extender:
-Different hud: Text is now vertical, and the time display has moved to the top of the screen.
-There is now a counter that shows how big the last combo was.
-The blue bonus items have been removed for now to have a little speed increase.

Tslide:
-Fixed the bug that made the slide sliding in weird directions when aiming at certain angles

Shmupster
-The enemies can be slower.
-The game starts with for enemies onscreen.
-Removed the red bonus dots to gain speed.

You can find the download at The Minigame Project Page!
You can also find instructions, info and screenshots about every minigame there, too!

I also added scoreboards to that website, so if you send the scores to me (go to the website and click scoreboard), your best score get showed online! :)
That is, if you`re good enough :D

As ever, please leave feedback and bugs in here. :)

You've got an e-mail w/ my scores.

Thanks for this games, they're saving my gp32 :D

Do you have a page or thread detailing what needs to be included in order to contribute to the minigame project?
I suppose that someone(s) who can do games to add, the loading engine is almost complete...

I've tryed the new version of the menu...and I gotta say that I prefer the old one, w/out "-Rearranged the menu pictures, so no empty pics get showed"

Just wanted to say Extender has got me and my mates addicted. i never heard of the game until I played the GP32 version so I done some digging around and found a Japanese game called Every Extend (http://nagoya.cool.ne.jp/o_mega/product/e2.html). Apparently theres a commercial version called Every Extend Extra coming out on PSP :)

reaper79 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 01:29 AM said:
Do you have a page or thread detailing what needs to be included in order to contribute to the minigame project?
I will be setting up a page this week on that site with a template prg and all the details you should know if you want to make a minigame for the project :)

pakoito posted on Oct 24 2005 at 02:05 AM said:
I've tryed the new version of the menu...and I gotta say that I prefer the old one, w/out "-Rearranged the menu pictures, so no empty pics get showed"
Really? Why? :D Just wait till version 3.0 then, it will look like that again :D

@Guyfawkes:
You didn`t know Every Extend :D Shame on you :D I also heard of the PSP version, I really hope it`s getting good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked old version because older icons looked better, less "pixeled" :p

EDIT: New mario's sprites looks explendid. And minislug and bumblebee are now more balanced. Thanks

Oh yeah, Every Extend had me hooked for a long time, and I was glad to be able to play a version of it on my GP32, thank-you Quiest.

I saw some video footage for E3, as it is called, for the PSP, and it looks down right strange, and at least to me, not very appealing.

Oh, and thanks for putting a template page up, that should help the progress.

Great Work Quiest! If I get some free time I plan on learning fenix (I already have everything set up and I already finished the 3 guides, they just don't go into much details about actually making GAMES) and then I will work on some minigames for you. If you need any help with ideas or graphics, I can help out anytime, just send me a PM.

Good job, I'll try it out. :)

But please, could you post things like this in the News forum next time? Since moderation has been pretty much non-existent these last few weeks, it would be nice if the members of the community took it upon themselves to post in the right forum. :ph34r:

Yeah, I normally post updates in the news forum, it wasn`t on purpose to be in the general forum. Sorry.

I found a bug. When I play Cannonball Paddler, and press Start+Select to come back to the menu, only the bottom row of games icons appear. I can still select any of the games, but none of the icons appear.

Also, would you be able to move the save scores to a different button? I normally associate START with actually starting/choosing things in most other emus and game, and because of this I press it in here (by way of habit) and just end up wasting a write cycle. The Start button would be better associated with starting the game, since that's what it is in pretty much everything else I've ver played.

Quiest posted on Oct 25 2005 at 05:06 PM said:
? Just copy everything over, they should be in gpmm\mp\music\
They're not 8.3, and I don't have a card reader... it seems to work fine w/o them though.

What an awesome collection of games. The only thing I have a change request for is not to kill the Fruity guy when a ball randomly generates behind him - that's a natural happening, but it's a pity to have.

Again, top notch work! it really shows what Fenix is capable of :)

PS:Change the way "The Minigame Project" is written on the GP32's screen. The airbrush effect glitches with the crisp image that the rest of the layout has.

Alex. posted on Oct 26 2005 at 08:49 PM said:
Quiest posted on Oct 25 2005 at 05:06 PM said:
? Just copy everything over, they should be in gpmm\mp\music\
They're not 8.3, and I don't have a card reader... it seems to work fine w/o them though.
Download gpdrive and copy that over. Then run gpdrive on your gp32, and AFTER it starts plug your gp32 into your computer. It will show up as a mass storage device and you can then copy the files over.

I have thought of changing the background like that, just wasn`t in the mood.
And yeah, do like the chicken sayz :D

And the balls CAN`T spawn behind the fruity guy or "in" the fruity guy, the get spawned on the opposite half of the screen, on the very farest, when you collect a strawberry. EVERYTIME! ;) But they always appear on the horizontal or vertical level the fruity guy is on ;) So you better move after collecting a fruit!

Oh, if anyone is interested in altering the "sprayed" text in the background, let me now.

Back