The Pandora's Screen Will Be Amazing.

mazza558

I heard someone around here say the Pandora's screen was the same one used in an Archos PMP device. I went hunting for it, and I think I found it - the Archos 605 WiFi. CNET says it's the " sharpest screen we've seen"

I can't wait! :D

mazza558 said:
I heard someone around here say the Pandora's screen was the same one used in an Archos PMP device. I went hunting for it, and I think I found it - the Archos 605 WiFi. CNET says it's the " sharpest screen we've seen"

I can't wait! :D
unless it's official that the screen is indentical to the one on archos... there's no reason to get exited :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well The dev ones might not be the best quality ones or they were taken on bad recordings, I hope this to turn out well, the first vid made it look kinda covered in dust and wax :(

MWeston has stated himself that it is the same screen as is found in the 605 Wifi model of Archos PMPs. I have seen one in person and, to be honest, it's not really as impressive as CNET makes it out to be. It's about as sharp as the screen on my Cowon A3, but a little bit gray and blurry because of the touch layer over it. It's about the best a resistive touch screen is going to get though. Capacitive touchscreens on things like the iPhone/iPod Touch will look noticeably better, but are much more expensive to include in a product unless you intend on manufacturing it by the tens to hundreds of thousands.

not to mention that those would work kinda hard on the pandora, seeing as how you can't use stylii on them

CyruzDraxs said:
MWeston has stated himself that it is the same screen as is found in the 605 Wifi model of Archos PMPs. I have seen one in person and, to be honest, it's not really as impressive as CNET makes it out to be. It's about as sharp as the screen on my Cowon A3, but a little bit gray and blurry because of the touch layer over it. It's about the best a resistive touch screen is going to get though. Capacitive touchscreens on things like the iPhone/iPod Touch will look noticeably better, but are much more expensive to include in a product unless you intend on manufacturing it by the tens to hundreds of thousands.
Which sounds funny considering all the hype/praise the Pandora's LCD was given for being crystal clear & crisp and perfect for retro consoles. I was thinking it would be top-notch and up to par with the iPhone's awesome screen...

I have had several archos products. Touch screens are not going to be as saturated ad wide angle as the nontouch, but a 605wifi 4.3" screen should be very good, I don't think it is a multitouch type though.

The Pandora's screen is gorgeous! You've got to see it in person to appreciate it, the videos - especially the YouTube ones - don't really do it justice.

The nearest I can think of is the JXD-301's screen, though obviously the Pandora's is physically larger and much higher resolution. But if you think of at least that sort of quality, you'll be on the right track.

When Notaz started Gimp in his Ubuntu vid, I found it incredible how much there fits on that small screen.
From the resolution figures it had to be expected, but seeing it is another thing.

What about the vision angles? I hope that Pandora screen is much better than the F200.

JerryG20 said:
CyruzDraxs said:
Which sounds funny considering all the hype/praise the Pandora's LCD was given for being crystal clear & crisp and perfect for retro consoles. I was thinking it would be top-notch and up to par with the iPhone's awesome screen...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great screen and is sharper than the one in the iPhone, but it's just not quite as colorful. Also; the Cowon A3's screen is about the same or slightly better in the sharpness category and has much better color than the iPhone...it's not touchscreen though, so it doesn't have the resistive layer making it a bit gray and blurry.

Eversmile said:
How will it look in outside, strong light environments though? I just asked this in another thread, but this is more appropriate.
The Archos 605's screen glares a bit. Just don't angle your screen toward the sun :huh:

Back