The Pyra Video Suggestions Thread

Well from my experience the Saturn is best at playing arcade games of the era such as Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Rally. There are also some decent Saturn Exclusives such as Nights into Dreams and Burning Rangers made by Sonic Team before they went stale The only sonic game on the system is Sonic 3D Blast which was developed by Travellers Tales, and so no a patch on the original Japanese Sonic games.

I have no Saturn Games, so it’s not on my part to make a Video, or at least not in the next 2 months (tm) ..
So I need a different Suggestion ..

Don't you have some games on HumbleBundle, GoG or Itch.io stores? They provide DRM free games (well, HB also provides Steam, Epic and other stores key, so you have to check before bying) and some games runs with box86+gl4es. Depending on the games, I can guide you (like if you bought some of the big itch.io bundle).

Well i think, for first, i will look for some Homebrew Rom Stuff for the System that are Emulatet, box86 is a cool System but still to high for my knowledge, maybe after some more 2 Months Cycles playing whit the Pyra and the Phytium PC..

Would still take its time to find anything, but as Thursday is a Work Free Day in Germany, i could show some of the Stuff then..

box86 is a cool System but still to high for my knowledge,.
When I was demonstrating Box86 on the Pyra at the JdLL, I was simply using the start menu to launch "WorldOfGoo". Just Start > Games > WorldOfGoo and it ran. Nothing more involved. And taht shortcut came from the installation:just launching the setup bash script and clicking next next, basicaly.
The only difference is that my system have gl4es directly in the system, no need to use "gl4es" shortcut.
menu.png

Reactions: rSl
I will have a look, but not in the next few days..
Maybe it wasnt the best idea to try to run Wine on my Phytium whit Box as this where too difficult for my Knowledge Level,
just Download and Click on Stuff or Install via Terminal is much more near to my Level..

The Homebrew Roms where interesting, but not that for a Video, so i try now to get some Sega Saturn Games for the next Video, i wonder how good they run ^^

When I was demonstrating Box86 on the Pyra at the JdLL, I was simply using the start menu to launch "WorldOfGoo". Just Start > Games > WorldOfGoo and it ran. Nothing more involved. And taht shortcut came from the installation:just launching the setup bash script and clicking next next, basicaly.
The only difference is that my system have gl4es directly in the system, no need to use "gl4es" shortcut.
I guess you cab run everything under gl4es, even stuff that doesn't use an GL so that's fine. But how does you system know whether to run something through box86 instead of native? Perhaps box86 has a passthrough where if it detects arm code if runs the program natively instead, and installing box86 adds in a hook to run everything through that (at least everything launched from dmenu, so perhaps that's where the hook is).

I guess you cab run everything under gl4es, even stuff that doesn't use an GL so that's fine. But how does you system know whether to run something through box86 instead of native? Perhaps box86 has a passthrough where if it detects arm code if runs the program natively instead, and installing box86 adds in a hook to run everything through that (at least everything launched from dmenu, so perhaps that's where the hook is).
Installing box86 also setup binfmt (using systemd binfmt service) so every x86 elf linux file is launched with box86 automatically.

Made 2 Video yesterday because i forgott "Bangai-O" allthough this Game flickers quite too much on this Build of Reicast for the Pyra..
Its quite impressive how many Dreamcast Games are running..

Maybe its now time to play more for myself?

Maybe its now time to play more for myself?
That would be good to hear.

Incidentally, I hate having to use my phone, is (do you find) the Pyra good for using these boards? One objective I have would be being able to put my phone away most of the time, and use the Pyra instead.

That would be good to hear.

Incidentally, I hate having to use my phone, is (do you find) the Pyra good for using these boards? One objective I have would be being able to put my phone away most of the time, and use the Pyra instead.
I'm happily using my pyra to post this right now.

It's a bit of a learning curve, and a bit slower due to thumb typing, but the keys are very responsive. I enjoy it.

Yes, browsing this Board whit the Pyra works quite good, even whit this Omap 5, its just a bit anoying that you cant standbye the Device so you have to boot up the Pyra every time you want to check something..
Therefore im still mostly whit my Iphone on this Boards but i think when the Rockchip is installed and running, it will get a Standbye Mode like the Pandora had at its time..

I wonder what the Rockchip could made out the Saturn Emulator..

its just a bit anoying that you cant standbye the Device so you have to boot up the Pyra every time you want to check something..
I don't mind so much. I try not to use my phone for computing. First, the experience is awful, especially on iOS.

Second, we really don't need these things to be so easy.

It's probably horrible for us to have such quick and easy access to the internet.

Because a User on Youtube requestet a new Video just of one GBA Game (This Acrobat Game), i request now again:
Could please more Pyra Users make Videos? Its not that difficult, just a bit aiming of the Camera to the Pyra, maybe talking a bit, and upload..

I also ditnt need to cut so its not that big amount of work..

Sorry, been super busy with work. Made a video of some random things, just to show it still works, seen a lot of people calling the project a scam lately lol. Browsing, native ARM OpenGL Open Arena, then GL4ES + BOX86 running Defcon natively.

Sorry, been super busy with work. Made a video of some random things, just to show it still works, seen a lot of people calling the project a scam lately lol. Browsing, native ARM OpenGL Open Arena, then GL4ES + BOX86 running Defcon natively.

Nice, although I note you have your PCB in upside down in your spare black case ;)

Back