The SNES Classic Edition Is Real!

Are you sure it's not the TV that's causing the input lag? I remember having input lag on a TV that was caused by some postprocessing it did. Once I disabled that post-processing, the input lag disappeared.

Yea wasnt my screen, so i cant tell for sure.
Anyways we should stop derailing this thread.

It's now ready to preeorder at amazon.de for us German users,
I put a preorder, let's wait and hope I will get my unit..

One moment please: dos this mean that a Super Nintendo Console is now newer than the Switch??

Given the games on this thing, I might be tempted, but lately I've been really disappointed by N. The nes mini debacle that sells for 300$ and that they stopped producing despite the evident demand... The switch that are still rarely in stock, with the evident result that the prices didn't change for a cent since it is out... I have really low hope for the snes classic.
Planned stock shortage is a common thing among toy makers, here's something about the NES-mini debacle:

692efee3bdb86265be859c2b545ede10.gif

hmm I think I agree with most people on here... rather get a rasp pi and a retrode, at least you can use your already existing carts with that setup.

I already own earthbound US as a cart... paid a heap of money for that a while ago.

I'm just gonna wait until someone dumps the Star Fox 2 rom off it, not paying scalpers for this.

Sadly, demand seems just as high, if not more so, since everyone now wants to get in early VS. missing out. If I happen to catch the US version up for preorder, I might try to grab a few for possible flipping during the holidays. The EU version is really the only one I would want, as it's the Super Famicom form factor, with the English line up of games. In the end, I would probably be better of getting the Super Famicom N3DS as that would actually be a device I could see using at some point.

I had a few chances to preorder the EU version since it was first announced, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. As nice as the NES Mini turned out to be, I just don't see ever wanting to use this, over the ease of use of playing these games on so many other devices I already own and use more often. Star Fox 2 while a unique title for sure, really just wasn't that great, as that was why it never saw the light of day officially.

I'm glad they are releasing it finally, as it's an incentive to help buyers possibly on the fence for this, but considering supplies will probably be trash, I don't see the need, as most will probably miss out anyways. So a more official version of SF2 on VC would probably see more users getting to play the title, but "N" never makes anything "simple", so I'll just sit back and watch Rome burn, as I'm sure September -December is going to be a HUGE blood bath in regards to the SNES Mini.

Chris

I pre-ordered one.

Never owned a SNES, have played some titles on the Raspberry Pi but liked the idea of it having the original controller and 2 of them.

I pre-ordered one.

Never owned a SNES, have played some titles on the Raspberry Pi but liked the idea of it having the original controller and 2 of them.

The SNES pad is one of the top 5 controllers of all time, no question. Your in for a real treat, as the SNES is possibly the best home console ever made. It's for sure a top 5 if nothing else, and I would say it's my favorite of all time. I played more hours and games on it over the years, than any other system I've owned.

Chris

I preordered one of these.
I have a retro pi setup as well with all the nes snes etc roms but im going to mount this snes mini in my landcruiser so friends and i can play when im camping.

Just trying to figure out screen options. Already have a portable projector but its lame to setup prefer a screen of some sort. Dont want smaller than 19 inch anf would be good if i can mount it on like an arm that swings out.

The SNES pad is one of the top 5 controllers of all time, no question. Your in for a real treat, as the SNES is possibly the best home console ever made. It's for sure a top 5 if nothing else, and I would say it's my favorite of all time. I played more hours and games on it over the years, than any other system I've owned.

Chris
I have the USB replica from "Buffallo" for player 2 on my GPD Q9 and it's better than I remember the original to be:
buffalo_snes_controller-3.jpg

What is the point of turbo on a controller, and who actually uses it? As a kid I had friends with third party controllers so I tried it out, but it just kinda messed up what I was trying to do, so I kept it off. Maybe it is good for those that hit buttons but don't know how to actually play the game, or it is for games I don't play very much.

I didn't watch the video Klumpen linked. What measurable benefit does a company get from intentionally under stocking a product? Or making a limited edition thing when there is no normally available one, for that matter? The main people that benefit from that are those trying to resell at an inflated price, as several have pointed out here.

What is the point of turbo on a controller, and who actually uses it? As a kid I had friends with third party controllers so I tried it out, but it just kinda messed up what I was trying to do, so I kept it off. Maybe it is good for those that hit buttons but don't know how to actually play the game, or it is for games I don't play very much.
Random encounters with far inferior creatures in old JRPGs always made me Turbo-A and emulation speed 500% (also via button).
I didn't watch the video Klumpen linked. What measurable benefit does a company get from intentionally under stocking a product? Or making a limited edition thing when there is no normally available one, for that matter? The main people that benefit from that are those trying to resell at an inflated price, as several have pointed out here.
It's a common strategy of toy makers to under-stock in order to create an artificial rarity factor of a product that else might even have sold even less.
Of course with Nintendo's usual distance from reality they most likely also do this with products that might have sold more than they produced.

That said, I can understand them when it comes to the NES-mini since I too did think it would only target a few people that have never heard of emulators and some hipsters that like the clutter.
It turned out to have been way more desirable than I could understand.

Providing less nes is also a great way to make people rush on the snes... And I can definitely imagine them selling more snes without even using this trick...

Back