The system specific game recommendation thread list.

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:
yes but even the youngest of pandora users should know about notable ps1 and n64 games, not everyone knows about even great gems like amiga

Gameboy

why can't i delete this message?

yes but even the youngest of pandora users should know about notable ps1 and n64 games, not everyone knows about even great gems like amiga

I don't know, there are a lot of games for the PS1. It couldn't hurt to have a thread for them.

I wouldn't be so sure... I'm rather an inexperienced n64 player. I've only played a handfull of games, some of the classics like Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Mario Kart 64 but I've never played TLoZ:Ocarina Of Time or Perfect Dark for example and they are universally considered amazing games. Why? I was still a teenager (just), I couldn't afford every console.

I know my sisters playstation was vastly under-appreciated because at the time she was maybe 6 years old, now at 17 she's more likely to appreciate the gems she missed.

I know it makes you feel old, it makes me feel old as I'm someone who can reasonably remember the Sega Master System as my childhood system, but remember today's 25 year old was less than 10 years old on the launch of the playstation... feeling decrepid yet?

I wouldn't be so sure... I'm rather an inexperienced n64 player. I've only played a handfull of games, some of the classics like Goldeneye, Banjo-Kazooie and Mario Kart 64 but I've never played TLoZ:Ocarina Of Time or Perfect Dark for example and they are universally considered amazing games. Why? I was still a teenager (just), I couldn't afford every console.

I know my sisters playstation was vastly under-appreciated because at the time she was maybe 6 years old, now at 17 she's more likely to appreciate the gems she missed.

I know it makes you feel old, it makes me feel old as I'm someone who can reasonably remember the Sega Master System as my childhood system, but remember today's 25 year old was less than 10 years old on the launch of the playstation... feeling decrepid yet?
Starfox 64 is quite good. And yesterday I got my copy of Gex 64: Enter the Gecko. Both those games are worth playing. Gex in particular was one of those moments where I wondered where it had been all this time. Not to spoil it, but there's tons of references in it, not particularly obscure ones, but amusing ones nonetheless.

Er, perhaps this should be split into an N64 thread.

EDIT: Perhaps even go one better and give it its own subforum.

I'd start one for the Acorn BBC Micro but I only ever played Daredevil Dennis, Castle Quest, Q-Bert, Elite and Crazy Painter! So I'll let someone else do it - who is a bigger fan of the Beeb and has a better selection of games to recommend :)

^ Start one anyway! I'd only have one game to add, but hey, if you start it they will post, right? :p

I read the pandora is capable of Dreamcast emulation and older. How's the dc emu coming along and is the ps1 and n64 running awesomely.

I read the pandora is capable of Dreamcast emulation and older. How's the dc emu coming along and is the ps1 and n64 running awesomely.
PS1 and N64 are both performing quite admirably. I think the PS1 runs most games with no problem, and the N64 is not that far behind but getting better.

The DC emulator hasn't been touched since it was demoed way way way back. Don't hold your breath for it. The developers went on a hiatus, had to pass on the project to another. Perhaps when more Pandoras are shipped, it'll get revived.

Ahh, ok, I guess that makes sense I dunno tho skys of Arcadia on the go sounds pretty epic lol not to mention half life just gives me a huge :D .... (smiley face) lol I wish I knew enough bout that stuff I'd spend night and day working on getting it right. Where would a good place to start learning about writing code and developing and such be?

Ahh, ok, I guess that makes sense I dunno tho skys of Arcadia on the go sounds pretty epic lol not to mention half life just gives me a huge :D .... (smiley face) lol I wish I knew enough bout that stuff I'd spend night and day working on getting it right. Where would a good place to start learning about writing code and developing and such be?
Half Life will never run, unfortunately. There's a small list of games that will never run for very good but highly technical reasons that I don't fully understand. Can't remember where that list is, but it's not important right now, I just remember that Half Life was on that list.

Learning how to program is like anything else in life: it takes a lot of practice. Think of it like learning to play an instrument. First you need to decide which instrument you want to learn and what style of music you're interested in. You pick up the instrument, but along the way you also pick up a lot of generic skills that will help you learn other instruments as well.

So what kind of programs do you want to eventually write? If you want to do emulators, you're probably still a few years from being able to do that.

Back