The Tube

hedwards

I've having trouble getting it to work. The first time I tried it, it worked fine, I could find videos and play them without incident. However, towards the end of a half hour long video it froze and I haven't been able to get it to play any other videos. The download just fails.

I assume that there's some sort of user error going on here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that might be. It's a 1ghz unit and both the firmware and The Tube are patched up to the most recent version.

I've having trouble getting it to work. The first time I tried it, it worked fine, I could find videos and play them without incident. However, towards the end of a half hour long video it froze and I haven't been able to get it to play any other videos. The download just fails.

I assume that there's some sort of user error going on here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that might be. It's a 1ghz unit and both the firmware and The Tube are patched up to the most recent version.
Same for me.

Can't watch any video.

Running out of card space maybe?
Nope, I've got 6GB on one card and 2.5gb on the other. So I should be set there. I've already deleted the appdata dir and reinstalled, but now that I think of it, I don't think I did those two things at the same time.

OK, I figured it out. The problem here is youtube-dl. I deleted the entire thetube directory in appdata then uninstalled and reinstalled thetube. Things worked again until I ran the option to update youtube-dl at which point it broke again until I repeated the previous procedure.

I'm not sure what the actual problem is here, but I won't be updating the youtube-dl until it's been fixed as this is mildly annoying and I'm unsure of what benefit I get from updating it anyways.

if you encounter a problem with the tube, delete the appdata/thetube/bin directory - there is  problem with the current youtube-dl (compatiblility with python 2.6.2 of the firmware). Its still an open bug, so I don't know if they will bump the required python...

so don't update at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
updates should be fixed now - delete the appdata/thetube/bin directory if you cannot update (or have playback problems..) .. it is not necessary to update btw (it may be at some point)

updates should be fixed now - delete the appdata/thetube/bin directory if you cannot update (or have playback problems..) .. it is not necessary to update btw (it may be at some point)
Thanks for the update. I'm not really sure what the update thing even does, but it's good to see it fixed.

Back