The Wifi Problem Will Be Found To Be Caused By:

The WiFi problem is caused by:

• Total voters

hdonk

While I'm waiting to finish off the port of CaPriCe, here's another pointless & useless poll!

asleep.jpg

Attachments

• asleep.jpg
    asleep.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 91
You know, if that bloke had a Pandora, he wouldn't be sleeping!

That is a Pandora, on his lap.

He's a midget and has been crushed by it.
He's not sleeping, he is dead.

mali said:

Who does he think he's kidding? He'd AT LEAST need a glass to hear what's happening in the next cubicle that way...

Attachments

• asleep.jpg
    asleep.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Bored?
BoredSysadmin.jpg

Not even a second!

Attachments

• BoredSysadmin.jpg
    BoredSysadmin.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 98
compiler handling optimisation differently for arm vs x86, is my guess, try compiling none-optimised code guys ;)

(bags a free Pandora if I'm right :D )

* Word-/page- alignment issues.
* Subtle compiler differences between what gcc for x86 (where the existing driver was developed and has received most of its testing) is expecting to have to output for the packet_buffer, and ARM?
* Tried building the module with all optimizations off?
* Incorrect register usage. (If I had a Pandora, this is the first thing I'd check - all registers are being used properly, in the right order, etc.)

Definitely Gremlins. They'll be knocking on the forum's door, singing badly, any minute now.

torpor said:
* Word-/page- alignment issues.
...would cause an exception and be quickly seen.

torpor said:
* Subtle compiler differences between what gcc for x86 (where the existing driver was developed and has received most of its testing) is expecting to have to output for the packet_buffer, and ARM?
The driver was developed for N900 by Nokia and has been shown to work on N900 and various ARM HTC devices like G1.

torpor said:
* Tried building the module with all optimizations off?
I see no reason to do that. Multiple compilers were tested.

torpor said:
* Incorrect register usage. (If I had a Pandora, this is the first thing I'd check - all registers are being used properly, in the right order, etc.)
Which registers do you have in mind?
MMC/SD on OMAP - same code drives both SD slots, also firmware upload works fine, it's not SDIO like I stated multiple times.
registers on wifi module - more likely, the module is basically undocumented black box and no one knows how to program it (except TI; this is "normal" for wifi modules though), but the driver works on other similar devices.
registers on ARM - you think it's compiler bug? The compiler we use is known to be good and I tried a different one anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cosmic Rays similar to what some are claiming to affect Toyota's acceleration problems.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/03/toyota-cosmic-rays/

Back