Theresa May promises a British version of Iran's Halal Internet

i believe there are many categories you can belong to, such as chaotic good, lawful evil, etc.

[edit] politics would be much better served using these categories instead of the regular parties...

Three robbers were voting should they kill and then rob fourth one or rob him first and then kill to avoid revenge.
That's not a good representation of today's democracy.
100 people are in a room. 10 of them say "we should kill this one guy and take his stuff"; 10 of them say "we should take this guy's stuff and then kill him"; 20 people have no idea who the guy is, but the guy isn't them and he probably deserves it but they don't know why, so they alternatively side with one or the other; 60 people say "these two candidates are the same. And I refuse to vote for the third party 'don't kill the guy' movement because that would just waste my vote, so I'm going to sit in the corner and blog about it instead"

Theres another problem to, theres many small political parties but no one even know they excist cos they havent got the money to make themself heard, the big established parties take taxmoney to fund their campaigns or mayby get financial contributors from big corporations. Reaching the masses cant be easy or cheap.

That's not a good representation of today's democracy.
100 people are in a room. 10 of them say "we should kill this one guy and take his stuff"; 10 of them say "we should take this guy's stuff and then kill him"; 20 people have no idea who the guy is, but the guy isn't them and he probably deserves it but they don't know why, so they alternatively side with one or the other; 60 people say "these two candidates are the same. And I refuse to vote for the third party 'don't kill the guy' movement because that would just waste my vote, so I'm going to sit in the corner and blog about it instead"
To be fair, I'd probably watch PMQs more often if that was actually what happened ;)

funny_hung_parliament_card-rde990c6fbc9846dfb3fd8b300d3f4f07_xvuat_8byvr_540.jpg

There's still trying not to stand out too much - like a prey animal in its herd.

Wolf in sheep's clothing. Something something pipe fittings, something something Philip Luty.

People don't realize if somebody wanted to do damage or defend themselves it doesn't take much. History proves it. Only the will to not roll over and die...

Wolf in sheep's clothing. Something something pipe fittings, something something Philip Luty.

People don't realize if somebody wanted to do damage or defend themselves it doesn't take much. History proves it. Only the will to not roll over and die...
I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. Maybe cause I just got up. Or, are you talking in references, I don't know? Who's Philip?

I kind of enjoy how the whole election blew up in the face of Theresa May.
A nice warning to politicians to not get too greedy whenever they think they can score a quick win.

Hopefully she won't get a majority for pushing these ridiculous internet plans of hers.

While she didn't get the full majority, I'm to understand that she basically made a deal with some terrorists to collaborate to get the last 1.5% she needed for it.

Seems like it. I understood the main point of the other party is to not have a hard Brexit.

It will be interesting to see how this will pan out.

I'm can only hope that not having a majority government will make it somewhat harder for her to legislate big brother and newspeak.

-Neelix

A nice warning to politicians to not get too greedy whenever they think they can score a quick win.

Hopefully she won't get a majority for pushing these ridiculous internet plans of hers.

She already has plenty of ridiculous internet plans embedded in the snooper's charter she got passed earlier this year.

Her new plan seems basically to be to outlaw higher maths, so she can ensure all encryption has backdoors that hackers can use to intercept our private comms. You could argue that's even more ridiculous I guess, but if you're to posit that all the has already passed cannot remain ridiculous then I claim moving definitions ;)

I have absolutely no idea what you're saying. Maybe cause I just got up. Or, are you talking in references, I don't know? Who's Philip?

I am saying no matter how far the noose tightens, one can always defend themselves. If weapons, machines, and such are outlawed, or "licensed" then there's no reason to not go full blown if you are making something illegal.

The government's restrictive ideologies which hinder people work for so long before enough is enough.

There's always resistance, there's always the knowledge. With that knowledge even if things go to a feudalistic state, or total governmental lock down, there's ways to get around it all.

People should rule the government not the government ruling the people.

I'd rather not go too deep because I know my beliefs in a modern world are radical. People love our governments... not sure if it's a Stockholm syndrome or a Pavlov's experiment.

Back