This Poll Is About Buttons.

WAT IS IT

• YBXA (GP2X style)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XABY (SNES/DS style)

• TriangleCircleCrossSquare (Playstation style)

• NSEW

• Greek letters

• UpDownLeftRight

• Other (enumerate below)

• Replace the buttons with a second D-pad

• Don't care

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
fishybawb said:
Where's the "don't give a shit" option? ;)
It's called "Don't vote" you lovely, lovely person.

I don't know if the 2nd D-Pad option was put in as a joke, or as a KYAC option - but you do know it would never work, right?

You can't press two buttons at the same time on a D-pad. Sure - you can hit the diagnal point inbetween two "buttons" but you can't actually hit two points at the same time. So if Mario is running "B button" and needs to Jump "A button" - he can't do it on a D-Pad. Or if someone needs to jump "A" and Fire "B" - it can't be done. The d-pad simply won't work as a replacement for the 4 buttons.

(Edited 16/5/2008: Tobriand - Removed insulting language)

Last edited by a moderator:
chad78 said:
It's called "Don't vote" you fucktard.
How about less of the name calling? I was teasing, hence the inclusion of a little winking smilie. You can see that, right?

Judging by some of your posts, you really need to relax a bit.

fishybawb said:
chad78 said:
How about less of the name calling? I was teasing, hence the inclusion of a little winking smilie. You can see that, right?

Well, thanks to your stupid "teasing" the poll is fucked up now because it has the pointless "don't care" option. WTF! If you don't care, don't fucking vote. Damn. If you really don't care - you need to get a life and stop talking about how much you don't care. You must care a damn lot about how much you don't care if you go around voting on it, posting about it, and arguing about it.

Gotta say though, this whole discussion is really pointless. What's done is done. Voting is going to do absolutely nothing for anyone as I believe the designs are basically finalized. Though I guess it's nice to know by way of the poll who's going to be displeased/pleased or uncaring.

Also, I've always been rather disturbed by the phrase, "I'm taking a poll!"

alas

p B)

One thing: isn't the "Greek letters" kind of extra there? As in there's no order for the letters in the poll...
In the "other" thread, the latest suggestion was that we could use the Snes order with greek letters (to get rid of copyright etc. issues). But now they're different options, so which one to choose? And it doesn't make sense to keep choices for two basically same layouts, because that could halve the votes on those two...

And remember the final poll between two most popular choices.

fishybawb said:
chad78 said:

Judging by some of your posts, you really need to relax a bit.

Incredibly abusive even for someone with no sense of humor.

Thanks for adding the "Don't Care" option, nameless moderator. :)

aatu said:
One thing: isn't the "Greek letters" kind of extra there? As in there's no order for the letters in the poll...
In the "other" thread, the latest suggestion was that we could use the Snes order with greek letters (to get rid of copyright etc. issues). But now they're different options, so which one to choose? And it doesn't make sense to keep choices for two basically same layouts, because that could halve the votes on those two...

And remember the final poll between two most popular choices.
My keyboard doesn't have greek letter keys. I wish I had one from a Lisp Machine that I could hack onto here, but I don't.

Where's 1234 in the list! (that's my vote) It came up quite a few times in that other thread <_<

Well, thanks to your stupid "teasing" the poll is fucked up now because it has the pointless "don't care" option. WTF! If you don't care, don't fucking vote. Damn. If you really don't care - you need to get a life and stop talking about how much you don't care. You must care a damn lot about how much you don't care if you go around voting on it, posting about it, and arguing about it.

Actually if there wasn't a don't care option then there would be no way to guage how many people have considered it and actually don't care. It's as useful statistic as any, whats with the massive hostility and lack of etiquette?

P&|A
or
NSFW

And Chad you get the Internet Tough Guy Award for the pandora forum.

The real question I have for all of you and the devs is will the outcome of the poll decide what is printed on the buttons? Or is this just a poll for fun?

-Thanks,
CandidStan

btw chad, fishybawb is a very good developer who created a great NES emulator on the GP2X. You also lashed out at another dev on another thread (Dunny). It's not a cool thing to go around insulting devs for no good reason, as they are what the Pandora will live or die by, giving their time and skills making software for YOU to use.

EDIT: not that their being devs really matters one way or the other regarding your behaviour, just wanted to point out that some people contribute more than you realize.

chad78 said:
I suspect the cultural reference will be lost on you... but

(in scouse accent) Ai ai ai ai, calm down, calm down!

If we had a poll to predict the most likely user to die of a heart attack prior to ever seeing a pandora, I'm fairly sure you'd make the top of many peoples list. :D

PS For what its worth, happy with gp2x format, NSWE or greek letters. It should be 'unique' ie not copying a widely known system, but other than that, happy whatever the choice.

So what if the poll is meaningless? At least it's a way to mark time before we get the next bit of news from the developers. Also, its a good way to see how many people are thinking "outside the box". Greek letters? I'm not sure many people remember grade 7 all that well. :)

atomicthumbs, you can just cut & paste these for example: α, β, χ, γ (alpha, beta, chi, gamma)

Although I personally prefer α, β, λ, Ω (alpha, beta, lambda (Half Life symbol ;) ), omega)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back