This Time Next Year What Will The Gp Have?

of course they didnt die, but they had decent commercial games, if it wasn't for the homebrew scen the GP32 would be awful, so if that dies out we're screwed, coz lets face it, homebrew games won't keep u gaming for as long as a commercial GBA game (some do tho) so we will always need a steady flow of homebrew for the community to even b worth it

so we will always need a steady flow of homebrew for the community to even b worth it
I'd argue that emulation is a far greater attraction than homebrew, but I still agree that homebrew games are needed because they are new, whereas most console games people have played before.
However with an emulator you have instant access to the myriad of games that kept you coming back to the various consoles.

Someone put me straight, but since i've been either lurking or participating here it seems that the majority of homebrew games that come up are either puzzles or remakes of other tried and tested games..

[me] puts on goggles for a good flaming :ph34r: [/me]

offtopic, yay, i made rico's sig!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can totally see Star Fox 64 on a GP someday..

Possibly not as I think N64 carts are quite big, plus you have the memory needed for the Dynarec.

Maybe the next generation of mobile device, but current gen are a little bit low for a decent N64 emulator I think. Possibly a high-end Pocket PC could handle it.

Nope, not yet. SNES is full speed with sound for some games at FS 3-5. Genesis is getting there. By full speed with sound I meant nearly all games, like Mario RPG & Sonic 3, running full speed with sound.

You're referring to the SA-1 chip, right? Well, it's still possible that Mario RPG could become full speed with sound at FS3.l

Dozer, do you have a PayPal account? I have a strange urge to send you some money ...

<on topic> By this time next year, my needs should be greatly satisfied; SNES & Genesis games wherever I go (full speed & sound). I'm set :D

Dozer, do you have a PayPal account? I have a strange urge to send you some money ...
:lol:
Dozer said:
This is a subliminal message. Pay me money.

So, I guess we are all basically expecting to have full speed GEN & SNES by this time next year. Well, hopefully we'll find out about the probabiblity of the SNES part within the next few days (GBAX2004)...

Back