Time for speculations: First dummy board video

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any photo's/video of the backlight?

Looks similar to the 360 Chatpad, that's a very nice keyboard for typing (gaps between the keys) and the illumination works really well.

Do you have any photo's/video of the backlight?

Looks similar to the 360 Chatpad, that's a very nice keyboard for typing (gaps between the keys) and the illumination works really well.
I wouldn't know how to make a proper photo of the backlight, even if I had a decent camera.

The keys are humps and can be felt quite good for the small size, pressure point is excellent and allows very fast typing.

Number of keys per cm² is vastly superior to current Pandoras keyboard.

The key for backlight is in the upper left corner.

I even played Worms Armageddon with it via beamer. ^^

I advertise this keyboard for P2 for a very long time now.

Would be from ED to hear his opinion about a backlid keyboard and it's cost. I don't know anything about it, maybe he does^^

I'm sure that a backlit keyboard is the least part of the overall costs. ;) Compared to the costs of the screen, chips, case, etc... the keyboard is basicly nothing, just some tiny LED's.

I would think the transparent infill for the keys to allow the light to shine through would be quite expensive to mould.

2. Changing a keymat in a second? Your a magician! Your definition of "possibility to activate and deactivate" is interesting though.
Nope but I can decide during my order which one I want. So people who don't want it, just have a normal keymat and people who want to use, can have a glow in the dark keymat.

The clam shell preventing light is probably a bigger problem.
Not likely to occur. Pandora GmbH is not DELL.

A totally stupid but obvious solution would be, having an extruding white LED on P2's side, so you can point it at the keyboard and such like a little reading light. 

This would cost next to nothing, and won't add any additional cost at all (unless the Global LED Shortage kicks in).

Even though it would be flimsy as hell, and be really ugly, it would solve this problem in no time. 

^ didn't someone do that for a hardware hack?
Then it's time to make it official, Give us the option to stick an entire chain of Chrismas LED lights to pandora. (how many leds can pandora light up? could anyone do the calculation?)

Back