Tools for generating ipk and pnd packages?

hmc

Hi guys,

dumb question maybe, but I wasn't able to find a package...

I'm looking for ipkg tools (for generating .ipk packages; IIRC the corresponding package was even called "ipkg_tools" or something like that?).

And, what's the most recommended way currently to build PND packages (on the command line - scriptable. No GUI tool)?

Any definitive preference of squashfs or iso9660 fs now? When I built my last PNDs a while back, there were problems with iso9660, so I used squashfs.

Thanks,

Daniel

And, what's the most recommended way currently to build PND packages (on the command line - scriptable. No GUI tool)?
I always use a regular text editor to create the PXML (I believe there are some GUI tools as well) and then use /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_make.sh to create the PND itself.

The script should speak for itself (i.e. ./pnd_make.sh -h).

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan, this is great, except that I use all systems but Windows here ;-)
I try to avoid Windows as much as possible as well (my office makes this difficult sometimes) but I made this in response to someone complaining that it was so very hard to make a PND in Windows and why did it have to be sqaushfs why couldn't it have been something normal like zip this is so hard. :p

According to my statistics it has been downloaded exactly 3 times, and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it once, so pardon me for taking every opportunity to try and get someone to use it. :p

WizardStan, this is great, except that I use all systems but Windows here ;-)
I try to avoid Windows as much as possible as well (my office makes this difficult sometimes) but I made this in response to someone complaining that it was so very hard to make a PND in Windows and why did it have to be sqaushfs why couldn't it have been something normal like zip this is so hard. :p

According to my statistics it has been downloaded exactly 3 times, and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it once, so pardon me for taking every opportunity to try and get someone to use it. :p
You should have advertised it a little more B) - thanks for this

Back