Touch screen has stopped working :(

It's just stopped working.

Occasionally when I booted up it'dmove the mouse cursor into the middle and highest position then if i touched the screen the cursor would just ping back to the top centre.

Now when i boot up it doesn't work at all.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

I've seen something like it..

First off check if the tabs are all in properly on the screen bezel top.. secondly there could be a piece of dirt wedged under the bezel in the top center area...

again, i mention that this info should be stickied somewhere

Yeah i cant see anything.

Touch screen doesnt work at all now. Tried resetting touch screen settings to no joy. Wont recognise input at all :(

Any idea how to fix?

with a folded piece of paper or something thin but not going to damage the screen have you tried to trace between the screen and the plastic bevel? just to see if you can clear any junk out of there?

Also could loosen up the screws temporarily to see if releasing the pressure clears up the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah its likely to be a piece of grit stuck in the bezel (for the umpteenth time) its activating the touchscreen permanently and so its always on.

Try pressing the line of plastic directly below the horizontal of your screen.

Mines been like this for months. Its heading eds way in a few weeks id say.

And here I thought I was the only one that was trying to use my Pandora at the beach.   B)  

...but on a serious note, I'd suggest doing a few tests at least on your end before sending it off to be repaired.  ThrashyMG's idea of loosening the screws some might help...maybe you can use a can of compressed air or a small (but powerful) vacuum around the bezel of the screen.  What happens if you use a mouse, or the nubs as input?  Does that work?  Perhaps your bezel has snapped out of alignment?  You could take pictures of the screen/bezel and post them here for ED/Askarus/etc to view... maybe a solution may be found.  Worth a shot if you don't want to be parted with your Pandora for too long.  It must be frustrating though...it'll all turn out for the best.

I'm almost 100% sure it's the top clip that flipped out.

Press the top bezel down and it's fixed.

First off check if the tabs are all in properly on the screen bezel top.. secondly there could be a piece of dirt wedged under the bezel in the top center area...
You should have read what TrashyMG told you… It would have spared you a reflash. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

You should have read what TrashyMG told you… It would have spared you a reflash. :rolleyes:
EvilDragon is like jesus...

nobody listens to his followers.

Back