Touchscreen has stopped working.

Tenka

Snakes and Fish
Haha, yes it has!  I guess.  Hello community, my Pandora's touchscreen ability has stopped working at all.  There were no hickups before this, and I'm pretty sure it didn't sustain any physical damage.  Restarting and trying to calibrate it have not changed anything, but the touchscreen calibrator is pretty tricky to close without being able to use the touchscreen.

I haven't tried reflashing yet, should I?  The only other close case I found on the forums is this one:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11188-dead-touchscreen/?hl=%2Btouchscreen+%2Bstopped+%2Bworking

And reflashing didn't help him, but it sounds like plugging back in whatever cable was loose did.  I haven't jarred the device at all, but that might be it anyways.  Should I open my beloved treasure up and play with the cabling, or would I be senselessly voiding myself of a proper repair warranty?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, yes it has!  I guess.  Hello community, my Pandora's touchscreen ability has stopped working at all.  There were no hickups before this, and I'm pretty sure it didn't sustain any physical damage.  Restarting and trying to calibrate it have not changed anything, but the touchscreen calibrator is pretty tricky to close without being able to use the touchscreen.

I haven't tried reflashing yet, should I?  The only other close case I found on the forums is this one:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11188-dead-touchscreen/?hl=%2Btouchscreen+%2Bstopped+%2Bworking

And reflashing didn't help him, but it sounds like plugging back in whatever cable was loose did.  I haven't jarred the device at all, but that might be it anyways.  Should I open my beloved treasure up and play with the cabling, or would I be senselessly voiding myself of a proper repair warranty?

I think it could be a piece of grit caught between the bezel and the touchscreen. This would keep the screen activated. As its not multi touch you would be unable to use it.

I have the same issue with mine. im gonna send it in for repairs anyhow eventually.

i wouldnt open my pandora myself. Check the bezel directly beneath the lower horizontal of the screen for any grit.

check that the tabs on top of touchscreen are all inserted into the slots, or at least push them in anyway. theres three of em that hold the 2 parts of the top lcd case together

I think it could be a piece of grit caught between the bezel and the touchscreen. This would keep the screen activated. As its not multi touch you would be unable to use it.

I have the same issue with mine. im gonna send it in for repairs anyhow eventually.

i wouldnt open my pandora myself. Check the bezel directly beneath the lower horizontal of the screen for any grit.
I didn't understand what you meant at first, but I fuxed around under each edge of the plastic along the screen anyways, each time holding it at an angle for lodged things to fall out.  I didn't notice anything fall out, but the touch screen then registered fine again.  I understand now, something must have been continuously activating it and preventing me from activating it.  I'm sorry about submitting a support request for something so silly, but thank you very much, I'm so glad nothing is really broken.

And right DaMummy, pressed everything firmly together again afterward and heard a couple clicks.  I'm satisfied now, please direct the rest of your helpful support energy elsewhere.

this same "problem" has occurred many other times, with the same way of solving it. maybe it should be pinned somewhere if people seem to think their touchscreen isnt working right. so instead of maybe a piece of sand in between the lcd and case, some of the tabs are popped out, causing the case itself to press the lcd itself, causing the mouse cursor to always pull to the top

Honest I looked, but the right keywords must have failed me.

Back